|Salary||Negotiable Dependant upon Experience|
My client is looking to appoint an Assistant Buyer to join their Procurement team in York, to support the procurement objectives with prompt placement of orders in line with budgets and programme, working alongside a team of buyers.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop a career and become a Procurement Professional, working with and supported by the knowledge and expertise of an established team. You will develop and learn a vast range of skills in a growing business; supplier management, negotiation, customer service, relationship building, project management skills, commercial awareness.
Procurement experience not essential. Proactive, can do attitude required.
A leading M&E contractor delivering bespoke, design-led cost-efficient solutions optimised for the whole construction team, maximising off-site manufacture in their production facility delivering solutions which minimise onsite resources and interfaces assuring quality and customer satisfaction in a measurable, safe way every time.
Key Accountabilities will include:
- Processing overhead orders and placement of project consumable orders, managing acknowledgements and invoice variations
- Supplier engagement and visits, developing product knowledge and identifying opportunities for commercial betterment on material spend
- Material database maintenance, managing price files updates adding/removing items, manually updating monthly price files for copper cable and channel
- Setting up new contract information including contract defaults and delivery information, auto order and set up and management of the daily order reports
- Supporting the procurement team and operational leader with creating reports, taking meeting notes and creating and issuing minutes, updating trackers and other tasks as required
- Manage site returns and credit log
The successful candidate will have a wide range of admin skills gained within a fast paced office environment. You will have excellent MS Office skills including Excel and be a clear and confident communicator across all mediums. NVQ Business administration or equivalent desirable not essential.
You will be an effective in organising your time, and plan/prioritise workload to meet deadlines, whilst being a team player and collaborating with others. You will bring a can-do approach and a solid analytical ability.
This is a Permanent position and Coleman James Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency