|Salary||£30k + benefits|
A key client of mine, a civil engineering company based in the North East, is seeking an Assistant Estimator to join their team on a permanent basis. You will be joining a pre-construction team with a successful track-record of pricing a range of projects, including: commercial groundworks, earthworks, structures, highways and deep drainage. Your duties will include:
- Take ownership of tender, reading through & understanding the tender documents
- Allocate sub-contract packages and send out to the market for competitive pricing
- Visit sites undertaking measures and assessing tender issues i.e. access
- To ensure sub contract quotations have been collated and checked for compliance prior to use
- To price the remaining elements of any scheme using current competitive rates
- To ensure all tender documentation has been collated in sufficient time for the adjudication to be under taken
- Arrange tender adjudication meetings to tie in to tender submission dates, ensuring correct personnel are notified with sufficient notice
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the top civils companies in the North East who will invest in your development and career progression. To be considered for this role, you must have:
- Previous experience of civil engineering estimating (most sub-sectors considered)
- A positive, dedicated and pro-active attitude
- Be driven and willing to go the 'extra-mile'
Please get in touch for more information about this exciting opportunity.
This is a Permanent position and Coleman James Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency.