Assistant Quantity Surveyor
|Location||Tyne & Wear|
To join a leading main-contractor who operate across the North East region. My client is seeking an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join them on a permanent basis to assist the commercial team in the delivery of various construction and new-build and refurbishment projects. Your main duties will include:
- Preparation of take-off’s and collating tender documents for submission of quotations in conjunction with managing surveyor.
- Preparation of material enquiries, analysing quotations and placing of materials orders.
- Carry out tasks as instructed by various members of the Commercial/quantity surveying team, such as measurement for valuations
- Participate in recording of and payment for work.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly valuations for projects.
- Assist in valuation of variations.
- Attend meetings and training sessions as requested.
This role will offer you the opportunity to progress your career and there will be a structured plan for development implemented.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- Previous experience of working for a main-contractor
- Be driven and ambitious and want to progress your career
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Have 1-2 years post graduate experience
Please get in touch to discuss this excellent opportunity in more detail.