Building Services Manager
|Salary||£65k (Negotiable) + Car + Benefits|
Coleman James are working with a large-scale main contractor who work across a variety of sectors. They are looking for a Senior Project Manager to act as the Building Services specialist to their Rail division on a £22m project consisting of 2 stations in the West Midlands. Rail experience is not essential however Building Services experience is.
You will support the tender team by;
- Visiting sites where deemed necessary
- Thorough review of all Stats information within the tender
- Reviewing tender scope & design to; Identify key risk areas and identify any alternative proposals (VE)
- Review tender enquiries to subcontractors/supply chain
- Review tender returns and assist the tender team by normalising all quotations
- Assist with the production of any necessary tender submission paperwork as identified at the tender launch meeting
Support the project delivery team by;
- Provide a supporting role to Project Teams for the procurement of all M&E, Telecoms and Stats sub-contracts/works.
- Timely review of all lead/sub-contractor design to ensure;
- Suitable Early Contractor Involvement to the design
- Compliance to Contract documentation
- Compliance to BGCL tender price
- Buildability and coordination
- Compliance to all relevant procedures & standards (BGCL, BS, NR, CIBSE, etc)
- Delivery of a high-quality design
- Ensure Fire Stopping details are captured
- Review all M&E, Telecoms and Stats H&S paperwork (WPP, TBS & RAMS) to ensure safe execution of the works.
- Monitor the M&E design and installation programme
- Monitor and track all Stats required for the successful completion of all works
- Monitor the quality of all installed M&E, Telecoms and Stats for compliance to Contract documentation, design drawings and specifications.
- Monitor Fire Stopping installation works (M&E/Telecoms items)
- Raise Non-Conformance Reports as and when required.
- Inform the Project Management Team of any sub-contractor performance issues
- Ensure no works start without the correct Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs) being in place prior to work commencing onsite.
- Where applicable input in to the close out of BREEAM/Part L/EPC
- Ensure the timely production of all necessary / statutory certification to achieve Entry into Service (EIS).
- Statutory certification
- Checking the production and quality of all Red line mark-up drawings
- Monitor the production of as-built AutoCAD drawings
- Effective control and close out of all snagging and defect work
- O&M Manual production; Draft at EIS and Final at handback.
The project is currently in the design phase therefore this is a great time to get on board and see through the full project life span, it is a complex project which can offer great career development.
This is a Permanent position and Coleman James Ltd are acting as an Employment Business.