Building Services Quantity Surveyor
Coleman James are working with a leading National Contractor who are looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor for their Building Services division. They are looking for someone with a proven track record of running and completing multiple M&E services packages on projects ranging from £2m to £20m in sectors including commercial, education, health and mixed-use developments. Projects will all be within the North East region. Your time will be split between the head office in Leeds and sites around the region. You will be part of their M&E team, reporting directly to the Building Services Managing Surveyor but you will also be expected to become a part of our project construction teams working collaboratively with their construction team QS.
- Ensuring supply chain competency with Business and Project requirements prior to issue of any tender enquiry
- Agreement of specific Work Package scope of works and the preparation of all relevant documentation for formal subcontract enquiries
- Procurement negotiations including agreement of S/C terms and conditions
- Analysis / reconciliation of returned tenders and the preparation of the final subcontract recommendation
- Producing and issuing out robust and relevant subcontract order documentation
- Commercial responsibility throughout on all matters relating to subcontract work packages
- Providing general financial and commercial M&E support across a variety of projects within the region, which will include but is not necessarily limited to:
- Involvement in the development of design and procurement strategies to maximise opportunities in improving project delivery
- Involvement in identifying key project risks and agreement of mitigation strategies.
- The production of Monthly and Quarterly Cost Reports including assessing cost and value to date and projecting future cost and value
- Ensuring compliance with Business requirements and Best Practice procedures
- The production of monthly valuations and agreement with client representatives
- The measurement, valuation and negotiation of Client Variations
- The preparation and negotiation of Project Final Accounts
- Maintaining professional relationships at all times with Client’s, Consultants and our Supply Chain partners
- Maintaining a close working relationship with the construction team and specifically the project commercial lead from construction
Who are we looking for?
- Minimum relevant qualification to HNC, HND level but ideally qualified at degree level, or working towards MRICS or equivalent professional level
- Have the depth of experience and competencies required of the role.
- Be a positive and proactive individual that works collaboratively with colleagues, our supply chain partners and the client team
- Share the same general values and ethos as the Business and promote these at all times
- Be a good negotiator.
- Have a keen eye for detail.
- Have the confidence and ability to participate and work within a team environment
- Have good communication skills and conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times
- Be confident and experienced in the use of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and computer aided measurement tools
What’s in it for you?
A challenging and continuously changing environment in a forward-thinking organisation. In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, we support further personal growth and development. They operate a flexible working policy.
This is a permanent position and Coleman James are acting as an Employment Business.