Building Services Engineer
My client is a leading national main contractor successfully delivering large scale, high value, multi discipline projects nationwide.
They are looking for an experienced Building Services Engineer to report into their head of Building Services working alongside the Construction team managing external Consultants and Contractors on the successful delivery of large-scale and varied projects.
As a key member of the project team reporting to the Head of Building Services you will assist with the successful delivery of Building Services from the pre-construction phase through to construction, commissioning and handover.
Applicants will need to demonstrate the following:
- A strong background in the Commercial sector and a successful track record of working on a variety of projects.
- Ability to manage multi-discipline MEP subcontractors including: assisting the QS department in the procurement and selection of the relevant MEP subcontractors, managing the onsite MEP activates including monitoring site progress and quality, understanding the requirements for MEP commissioning and managing commissioning activities and expediting and reviewing on handover deliverables.
- Ability to successfully liaise with the client’s team across the full range of building services disciplines to understand client’s objectives and be able to clearly communicate strategy and progress.
- Practical and technical building services background
- Knowledge of Building Regulations, Codes of Practice and Standard Practices
- Good building services product knowledge
- Ability to research and assess suitable alternative products/design solutions
- A basic understanding of all facets of the construction process.
- Ability to plan and see the bigger picture
Applicants will ideally have the following qualifications:
- Degree or HND in Building Services or related field
- Membership of an industry related professional body (e.g. CIBSE, ASHRAE, IEE)
A fantastic opportunity to join a growing Contractor with big plans for the future. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to get in touch we would love to hear from you.
This is a Permanent position and Coleman James Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency.