Business Development Manager
|Location||Home Based with UK Travel|
|Salary||38,000pa to £48,000pa Plus Commission|
My client is a specialist in the delivery of innovative technology solutions and services within the railway infrastructure.
An opportunity has arisen for a Business Development Manager to drive a high value sales pipeline and close new sales to support growth of the business through the pro-active identification, assessment, pursuit and securing of new sales opportunities across the assigned region and the businesses innovative range of products/solutions.
The successful candidate will have previous sales or account management experience within rail infrastructure or rail vehicle sector.
- Lead Business Development activities to deliver on growth targets and strategic direction for the assigned region / customers / products. Achievement of agreed Pipeline targets and monitor pipeline development. Establish and manage the deal qualification and decision process.
- Plans the sales process and coordinates the opportunity team throughout the sales process.
- Review opportunity assessment and win plans for identified opportunities and assess attractiveness through (cost/benefit business case), risk and fit of customer requirements with delivery capabilities, in line with internal processes and standards.
- Develops and leverages constructive relationships within target accounts including key decision makers.
- Continuously reviews potential business opportunities
- Collaborates closely with internal functions, including the bid and technical teams that support the sales process, gathers required input and coordinate actions
- Works in close cooperation with operations teams. Prepares, conducts, and accompanies handover to operations after sales closure to assist project mobilization.
- Conducts research on strategically prioritized areas, sectors and determines target accounts within sector/geography to identify potential areas for business opportunities
- Identification and formation of joint ventures, alliances, and supply chain partnerships to support relevant opportunities.
- Presents solution to customer working with the Bid Team demonstrating clear business value. Engage in negotiations and close the deal with the customer with support from the Commercial Team.
- Facilitate and promote the businesses capabilities and develop leads and identify business opportunities
- To attend meetings with potential Clients to determine technical and business requirements and ensuring that all necessary information is collated leading to an understanding of the customers’ needs and problems to be solved.
- Manage, develop, maintain, and create new client relationships within the railway infrastructure sector. Build a strong client facing network and influence stakeholders to develop an in-depth understanding of clients’ needs and challenges.
- Develop a deep understanding of, and further refine, the company’s unique value proposition to the rail sector and apply this from the early phases of client engagement and throughout the sales process.
- Proactively manage the funnel of opportunities within CRM system to provide a stable and on target order book.
- Liaise with Marketing & Communication Team to promote capability externally.
This permanent vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Coleman-James Limited who are operating as an Employment Agency.