Carbon Solutions Mechanical Design Engineer
|Location||North East, Yorkshire or North West|
|Salary||£35k + Car|
Carbon Solutions Engineer- Mechanical Design
Coleman James are working with one of the market leading Contractors who are looking for a Carbon Solutions Mechanical Design Engineer to join their MEP / Renewables division. You will have experience of designing projects from concept ‘as design’ and unbuilt developments to retrofitting installations on both domestic and commercial ASHP and GSHP installations.
You will be
- Experienced and comfortable with both the electric and heating/mechanical aspects of the installations.
- Develop and take responsibility for the delivery of detailed technical solutions, with a right first approach.
- You will be responsible for the whole design lifecycle of each of your projects from full design/utilising consultants through to specification and sign off of each installation.
- You will be required to carry out site visits and surveys for prospective installations of domestic and commercial installations.
- You will be familiar with a range of technology manufacturers.
- Work will be designing and signing off sustainable measures and installations and as such you will be familiar with full heat loss calculations
- You will be responsible to produce tender, pricing and design packages. Identify key design and project dependencies. Yow will recommend and drive optimal solutions and strategies to ensure designs are delivered to scope, time, cost and quality criteria.
- Support the operation teams and provide technical evaluations of sub-contractor and supplier offerings.
- You will have experience and working knowledge of dealing with District Network Operators.
- You will be comfortable working alone as well as a team and will be reporting directly to the Senior Carbon Solutions Engineer.
- Represent the company at progress and client meetings, providing technical guidance and input and present at a level that the entire audience will understand.
- Assist the operational and project teams to effectively commission and optimise the operational efficiency of new and existing heating schemes.
- Communicate and present to client’s design proposals and ensure client requirements are achieved.
- The ability to accept delegated tasks and responsibilities to assist the operation and management of the department.
- The responsibility for attending major project kick-off meetings, leading the projects forward and briefing supporting engineers.
- To lead, monitor, set tasks and objectives to design colleagues to ensure a robust, accurate and viable design proposals are delivered in a timely and efficient manner.
Skills & Experience
- Electrical or mechanical engineering degree or significant heating design and installation experience
- 2+ years in the design installation and specification of domestic and commercial ASHP and domestic retrofit.
- Strong knowledge of the low carbon economy and experience in one or more of the following areas of activity: energy audits, building energy performance, renewable generation, and alternative fuels.
- Engineering degree in mechanical, building services or renewable energy disciplines.
- You will be expected to be able to review and generate technical and contractual information from both internal and external sources.
- A Background working with a consulting entity but may have been in an advisory capacity with asset owners, utilities or government. You will also have strong technical knowledge, team leadership, communication and project management skills and the desire to grow your career.
This is a Permanent Position and Coleman James are acting as an Employment Business.