Civils Construction CRE
We are currently seeking a Senior Project Engineer with specialised skills in rail Civils Construction to join our Rail Team in Scunthorpe to work with our existing engineering team to deliver an expanding and exciting portfolio of rail telecommunications projects as part of an established Rail Business.
You will be part of a team responsible for the successful design and delivery of telecommunications projects for major clients including Network Rail Telecommunications, Network Rail High Speed, Transport for London, Merseytravel and other agencies such as Train Operators, Councils and Passenger Transport Executives.
You will lead the Civils Construction team and help to develop and enhance the capabilities of the team and identify areas for improvement.
You will also be responsible for the development of CRE’s, Site supervisors and TWC’s.
The Senior Civils Project Engineer / CRE Civils Construction at will undertake the following responsibilities to support the Rail Infrastructure department:
- will be responsible for the civils scope from an engineering constructability perspective for Telecommunications Projects and undertake all CRE duties in line with the relevant Network Rail standards.
- Able to solve engineering problems effectively and, challenge the remit, thus enabling the development of robust engineering solutions in order to provide our clients with the best engineering solution and thus offering them excellent value for money on all projects involving civils.
- Scope and supervise surveys
- Lead and manage all lineside civil engineering in relation to the projects undertaken
- Help to develop the production of drawings, reports and specifications, Check, review and accept technical work by the design team or design partners.
- Leading and assisting with the preparation of documentation relating to projects, Input to and preparation of bids and proposals, Manage delivery teams, Providing technical guidance and mentorship to junior members of the team.
Create and review all necessary site documentation associated with Civil engineering works.
- Attend Engineering meetings and ensure relevant stakeholders are updated
- Undertake the review of Civils bills of materials for technical designs prior to submission to the client and authorisation to purchase equipment and parts for installation of designs.
- Interface with other discipline leads, construction teams and clients directly to ensure project delivery is undertaken to the required standards and timescales, this will include attending regular project update meetings, kick-off meetings with our clients and presenting at IDC and IDR meetings.
- Produce, review and approve detailed risk assessments covering civils installations and assist with installation planning to ensure Hazards are identified and Risks mitigated.
- Sharing knowledge, best practice and innovation across our business, providing guidance, training and feedback with other related disciplines and skills, and supporting and providing mentorship to other members of staff allowing for continuous improvement.
- Managing client satisfaction and expectation, undertaking development reviews of staff and involvement in recruitment.
- Lead and develop the Civils Construction department to enhance the project civils capabilities.
The Senior Project Engineer Civils will be responsible for applying the following competences, skills and knowledge:
- Competent in understanding and delivering Civils projects, Competent in working as a Civil Engineer.
- Experience with undertaking Civils and Route surveys at sites across the UK and producing detailed survey reports, proposals and drawings.
- Experience and understanding of the UK rail communication and signalling network, Competent user of Microsoft Office software including Word, Teams and Excel.
- A strong understanding of construction, installation and testing methods for civils infrastructure.
- Able to communicate technical detail clearly and to a high standard in verbal, written, sketched and drawn forms of communication, including presentation skills.
- Able to build and maintain strong working relationships with client engineers, project managers and other discipline CRE’s.
- Experience at managing Civils Construction processes within a team and via sub-contractors.
- Promote a culture of safe working practices, safe by design and high standards of Health, Safety and Environmental impacts in the business.
- Experienced with ISO and Network Rail Standards.
- Experience with concrete/piled/ grillage foundations for Radio Masts and REB’s, Experience with UTX /URX construction
- Experience with Route Works, Experience with installation of Steps, walkways and handrail
- Experience in delivering and managing all stages of multi-disciplinary engineering projects from initial studies through to completion.
Appropriate Degree BEng / BSc or equivalent qualification.
- ATW to act as CRE Civils Construction for Rail engineering projects under NR/L2/RSE/02009
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience working in the Rail Sector for Rail Civil engineering Projects
- Working towards Chartered or Incorporated Engineer with the ICE or similar.
- Sentinel personal Track Safety PTS Cardholder.