Commercial Manager - Construction
|Location||Tyne & Wear|
A key client of mine is seeking a Commercial Manager to join their team in the North East. My client is an established and well-regarded main-contractor that is experiencing a phase of planned growth and due to this, require an experienced Commercial Manager to join their team.
The successful candidate will be a valued member of one of their most successful departments and will be responsible for aproximately £40m worth of projects.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and commercial management and promote a positive working culture
- Ensure robust subcontract financial management systems are in place
- Provide accurate reporting / forecasting in relation to costs and value
- Routine and regular commercial analysis
- Management of maintenance and risk control
- Portfolio management and team building
- Financial reporting on all phases of a project and advising on the entire project cost including whole life cycle.
- Identifying the commercial opportunities within a project whilst successfully delivering to the satisfaction of the client, including risk management and analysis.
- Dispute resolution via formal dispute resolution routes as well as negotiation.
- Successfully develop existing staff, and supporting junior staff through formal education programmes.
- Establishing subcontracts and subcontractor management
- Cost control and earned value management
- Ensure all commercial team members have clear roles, responsibilities, accountability and authority levels
- Project commercial reporting including accurate forecasting
Skills and Qualifications
- Previous experience as a Commercial Manager or Senior QS, covering all stages of construction from inception to completion, including claims and dispute resolution
- Extensive construction experience and have previously worked for a main-contractor
- Experience in many forms of contracts including NEC3 and JCT
- Good command of written and spoken English, demonstrating good client liaison, understanding the needs of stakeholders
- Degree qualified or equivalent
- Pre-contract/target cost development experience
- Full UK driving licence
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful business with a secure pipeline of work moving in to their next financial year. This would suit an establish and experience Commercial Manager, or someone who has operated at a Senior/Managing QS level in the past and is seeking the next step in their carer.
This is a Permanent position and Coleman James Ltd are acting as an Employment Business.