Coleman James are working with a North West based contractor who are looking for a Commercial Manager to join their award-winning team. This a key role within their Critical infrastructures division and comes with full responsibility of the Commercial and Quantity Surveying team.
The successful candidate will be a valued member of one of their most successful departments. They are currently looking to grow the business and this role is a key part to this vision.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and commercial management and promote a positive working culture
- Ensure robust subcontract financial management systems are in place
- Provide accurate reporting / forecasting in relation to costs and value
- Routine and regular commercial analysis
- Management of maintenance and risk control
- Portfolio management and team building
- Financial reporting on all phases of a project and advising on the entire project cost including whole life cycle.
- Identifying the commercial opportunities within a project whilst successfully delivering to the satisfaction of the client, including risk management and analysis.
- Dispute resolution via formal dispute resolution routes as well as negotiation.
- Successfully develop existing staff, and supporting junior staff through formal education programmes.
- Establishing subcontracts and subcontractor management
- Cost control and earned value management
- Ensure all commercial team members have clear roles, responsibilities, accountability and authority levels
- Project commercial reporting including accurate forecasting
Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous experience as a Commercial Manager, covering all stages of construction from inception to completion, including claims and dispute resolution.
- Extensive construction or engineering experience
- Experience in many forms of contracts including NEC3 and JCT.
- Process / M&E experience including major project management
- IT literate
- Any experience in electrical and instrumentation, mechanical and piping, and/or technical processes would be beneficial.
- Good command of written and spoken English, demonstrating good client liaison, understanding the needs of stakeholders.
- Degree qualified or equivalent
- MRICS or equivalent
- Pre-contract/target cost development experience
- Full UK driving licence
This is a Permanent position and Coleman James Ltd are acting as an Employment Business.