Coleman James are working with a North East based M&E contractor delivering projects nationwide who are seeking an M&E Document Controller to join their established yet growing Newcastle office. Our client specialises in the design and installation of mechanical and electrical services in all types of commercial and industrial sectors. They have the experience and financial stability to carry out multiple contracts with a typical individual project value of up to £30 million. They have offices in both Newcastle upon Tyne and Maidenhead and have expertise in the retail, healthcare, pharmaceutical and education sectors.
The Document Controller is responsible for ensuring that all project documents follow the company’s standards, are maintained and accurate and are available to all key stakeholders, clients, consultants, sub-contractors and internal project teams who need them.
The focus of the role will be to provide a seamless flow of accurate information to those who may need it, in a timely manner. This would include performing key tasks such as uploading, editing, printing and distributing drawings, specifications and reports etc. The Document Controller is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the Document Management System (DMS), providing support to users where required.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist with the creation of new projects on the Document Management System (DMS)
- Add and remove new companies and users from the Document Management System (DMS) under the instruction of the Project Coordinator
- Assist with the assignment of roles and access rights to all DMS users
- Assist with creating and issuing user guides or assisting documentation to new DMS users
- Assist with the preparation of the project specific Contract Docs checklist template, and ensure it is completed by relevant persons. Upload the selected contract docs to the DMS
- Carry out initial validation check, and where appropriate contact document originator when check has failed
- Check incoming drawing registers and issue sheets for accuracy, and where appropriate contact document originator when inaccuracies are found
- Upload received documents to Document Management System (DMS), and update the associated registers and schedules as required
- Drawings and documents given Status A or Status B are to be printed at full size and send to site (stamped with given status to make site-based project team aware)
- Review company/ department procedures to identify possible improvements and help to implement them, should the changes be approved by the Senior Management Team
- Viewpoint experience is desirable but not essential
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Microsoft Office Applications, including Microsoft Word & Excel
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills & ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative
This is a Permanent position and Coleman James Ltd are acting as an Employment Business.