Electrical Engineering Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Electrical Engineering Manager to join the Northern Region of a National M&E contractor. The role can be based out of any of their Northern regional offices including either Birmingham, Manchester, York/ Leeds, Newcastle and Glasgow to provide technical and design enabling services on various projects.
Key Accountabilities of the role will include:
- Technical accountability for the mechanical and electrical engineering services on projects
- Responsible for Designing for Safety and CDM
- Leadership of selection and appointment of partner consultants and Critical Friends
- Accountable for IPD Design Reviews, coaching of MEP Designers and management of technical actions
- Attendance, contribution and collaboration regarding: - ‘Making a Great Start’ and Strategy Presentations and IPD Workshops
- Early procurement decisions and technical authorisation of major packages, plant and equipment
- Authorisation of significant Technical Submittals
- Prism and OSM optimisation
- Technical authorisation of Value engineering and value management
- Accountability for technical assessment, coaching and development of Preconstruction Leaders, Design Project Managers and Project Managers and Engineers
- Collation of Design KPI’s on all projects
We are looking for a qualified Engineering Manager with knowledge of Technical Legislation and Regulations while working on Major Projects within the M&E sector. Experience of both MEP consultancy and MEP Contracting is desirable. To be successful in the role you will be an adept communicator with a customer focus, strong business acumen and ideally but not essential a Chartered Engineer. MCIBSE/MIET. You will be able to demonstrate leadership and have a strategic focus with the ability to influence. You will be successful at identifying and setting priorities, then plan and effectively allocate appropriate resources. Attend to detail so that relevant issues are addressed and result in high-quality outcomes are key.
This is a Permanent position and Coleman James Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency.