Electrical Project Manager/Engineer
|Location||Newcastle Upon Tyne|
|Salary||£40,000 - £55,000 - Depending on level/experience + benefits|
Coleman James are working with one of the North East Regions Leading M&E Contractors, who are seeking a highly driven, Electrical Project Manager/Engineer to join the team. They work in a wide range of sectors within commercial, industrial, retail, education, healthcare etc where projects with a typical individual value of up to £30 million and are largely based in the South.
This role will see you working with highly experienced management and staff who are proactive with a “can-do” ethos.
- To manage and have accountability for all aspects of your own electrical engineering projects from conception to completion.
- To provide a dynamic approach to the demands of programme, profitability, safety, quality, and to manage the engineering teams and sub-contractors to ensure that completion targets are met. To promote a harmonious working relationship between the project team and the client’s representatives.
- To participate when necessary in any pre-construction/bid process of projects.
- To Manage all commercial/financial procedures for review with Regional Manager & Commercial Manager.
- Manage all Health & Safety on projects ensuring all work is carried out safely. Assist project teams to develop Method Statements and Risk Assessments and the Safety Plan and to observe the requirements for CDM regulations applicable, also attending the necessary HS&E meetings. manage the labour resource across all projects.
- Provide leadership and support to site teams, engineers, supervisors, tradespersons and support staff. Highlighting any training needs for engineering staff.
- Prepare operational & financial reviews for monthly management report.
- Liaise with the customer, client and design team throughout the project.
- Scrutinise tender documents and compare to construction issue documentation and identify changes.
- Develop programme of works within constraints of Main Contractors Programme and monitor throughout contract duration.
- Maintain schedules of procurement comparing tender to actual costs and ensuring delivery requirements are aligned with programme requirements.
- Expedite information release from design team and ensure design team meetings are conducted and recorded.
- Respond to all relevant correspondence from client, engineers, principal contractor and sub-contractors.
- Chair subcontract meetings where appropriate.
- Supervise the quality of the onsite works.
- Notify the Regional Manager and Commercial Manager of any risks to the project and offer proposals on how they may be mitigated against.
- Resolve all technical queries arising throughout the project.
- Monitor the quality of the works to hand over a snag free building. Ensure the requirements of Robertson’s quality procedures are followed.
- Other reasonable duties as required. These may include attending to defects/ finalising of documentation for older legacy projects.
- Proven experience and comprehensive understanding of electrical services within MEP Building Services.
- Health and Safety awareness.
- Commercial awareness.
- Experience of new build and refurbishment construction projects in the following sectors: Commercial Offices, Student Accommodation, Hotels, Education, Healthcare and Industrial, ideally in design/ build as well as pre-design formats.
- Experience of planning, programming and managing projects including maintenance.
- Varied project history and good knowledge of the sub-contractor and supplier base.
- Ability to build strong relationships at all levels.
- Acute analytical, planning and organisational skills.
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills and the ability to respond to change.
- Proactive, dynamic and motivated approach to work.
- Valid CSCS Card.
- SMSTS 5 day course or IOSH Equivalent.
- Proficient IT user.
- Clean Driving Licence.
This is a Permanent position and Coleman James Ltd are acting as an Employment Business