We are working on a fantastic opportunity for an Environmental Engineer to join the Estates and Environmental department of a large manufacturing plant.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and continually developing the plant Environmental compliance including leading the Environmental Management System, permit compliance, environmental objectives and regulator liaison.
Outline and Responsibilities:
- Management of a mature ISO14001 Environmental Management System including:
- Lead site environmental compliance and provide expert support to Shop Environmental Groups
- Internal audit delivery and lead external recertification audit
- Deployment of global objectives and strategies to Sunderland plant
- Development of staff training and awareness
- Emissions monitoring contract management
- Regulator interface (Sunderland City Council and Environment Agency)
- Coordination of legal permits, emission to air / water, Part B, EU-ETS, petrol storage and development of strategies for compliance with new and pending legislation
- Key stakeholder for Carbon trading schemes, UK-ETS, Climate Change Agreement and ESOS
- Represent company with external organisations (SMMT, ACEA), assess and influence future environmental legislation
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Environmental Science or Environmental Management qualified (Degree level or equivalent experience)
- Experience of environmental permitting and ISO14001 management
- Understanding of air, water and waste pollution impacts and control techniques
- Ability to liaise with environmental regulators
- Good data analysis skills
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
This is a permanent position and Coleman James are acting as an Employment Business.