|Location||Tyne & Wear|
|Salary||£45k - £50k + benefits|
A key client of mine, who is a very successful main-contractor based in the North East, is seeking an established Estimator to join their team on a permanent basis. Typically working on construction, new-build housing and refurbishment projects, you will be involved in working on all aspects of tenders received, pricing, preparation and return.
You will be involved in the following:
- Completing take-offs from drawings and producing BOQ's/cost plan estimates
- Preparing written proposals, methodologies and commentators
- Working with and building relationships with the North Easts top sub-contractors
- Attending regular tender review meetings to create effective budgets and reports
To be considered for this role, you must have the following:
- Previous experience of working as an Estimator or QS for a main contractor in the build sector, or new-build housing sector
- Excellent numeration and written skills as well as excellent communication skills
- Experience of using ConQuest or Causeway (or a similar estimating software)
- Be highly organised with the ability to prioritise workload
This role will offer the chance to work for an established and growing construction company with a turnover in excess of £60m, as well as the opportunity to progress to Estimating Manager level. This role will suit an established Estimator seeking a new challenge or a QS who has experience of pricing schemes and who is seeking a change of direction in their career.
Please get in touch to find out more about this exciting role.