Intermediate Electrical Design Engineer
|Salary||£23,000 - £30,000 depending upon experience|
My client a firmly established, independently owned Building Services Consultancy are currently looking for an Intermediate Electrical Design Engineer to join their team in Sheffield.
Working in a wide variety of sectors, they are involved in a range of projects from small site surveys through to multi-million-pound schemes which will see you working individually, either assisting the senior staff to deliver projects or discipline lead for smaller projects. Reporting to the project Senior Engineers you will provide support as part of a team in delivering projects effectively, whilst maintaining technical performance standards.
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to produce detailed designs and drawings, and able to understand the different works stages.
- Have working knowledge of the lastest computer software - Revit/CAD, Dialux, Amtech, NBS, Works and Excel.
- Be able to undertake site surveys confidently
- Be able to communicate directly with project teams, clients or stakeholders, and attend collaborative meetings.
- Take responsibility for design coordination with other disciplines and professionals.
- Manage the discipline of a small project.
- Ideally a minimum of 2 to 5 years experience in engineering design and have relevant experience of working within the Building Services Industry
- Ideally have a HND or Degree in either building services or electrical engineering.
- Member of a professional institution (IET/CIBSE) and is either working towards or has achieved IEng or CEng.
- Previous experience in a similar industry is an advantage
- An understanding of CAD or similar modelling software is an advantage.
- Excellent communication, analytical and organisational skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently.
- A friendly, ambitious and confident individual with a flexible and resilient approach.
This is a Permanent position and Coleman James Ltd are acting as an Employment Business