A highly respected contractor are seeking an experienced Buyer to join their well-established team based in Yorkshire.
The company work across Yorkshire and the North East on large newbuild housing schemes.
The organisation offers employees rapid progression opportunities and continued professional development. They have a lively office environment and a dynamic management team.
- Liaise with the site teams to ensure best practice for the procurement of materials
- Procure goods and services to be delivered to construction sites nationwide
- Raise purchase orders
- Liaise with suppliers on a daily basis
- Administrative responsibilities
- Deal with any purchase order/invoice issues, following them through to resolution
- Administer material order documentation
- Carry out general administrative responsibilities within the department
- Implement, monitor and update procurement programme/schedule
- General duties
- Report and co-ordinate deliveries to site management teams
- Issue, record and manage tender enquiries and quotations for the Estimating department
- Provide support as necessary to the buyers where fluctuations in workload demand
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as you will be dealing with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Must have worked in the built environment
- Experience of working within an office environment
- Experience of organising, planning and allocating work tasks
- IT literate and proficient with Microsoft Office
"This is a Permanent position and Coleman James Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency".