Senior Estimator - Main-contractor
|Location||Tyne & Wear|
|Salary||£70k + benefits|
A key client of mine, who is a very successful main-contractor based in the North East, is seeking an established Senior Estimator to join their team on a permanent basis. Typically working on design and build projects valued from £10m - £50m in the following sectors: commercial, industrial, leisure, residential and care homes, you will be involved in managing all aspects of tenders received, pricing, preparation and return.
You will be involved in the following:
- Completing take-offs from drawings and producing BOQ's/cost plan estimates
- Preparing written proposals, methodologies and commentators
- Working with and building relationships with the North Easts top sub-contractors
- Attending regular tender review meetings to create effective budgets and reports
- Assisting in the development and training of junior staff
To be considered for this role, you must have the following:
- Previous experience of working as a Senior Estimator for a main contractor in the build sector
- Excellent numeration and written skills as well as excellent communication skills
- Experience of using ConQuest or Causeway (or a similar estimating software)
- Be highly organised with the ability to prioritise workload
This role will offer the chance to work for an established and growing construction company with a turnover in excess of £30m, as well as the opportunity to progress to Estimating Manager level.
Please get in touch to find out more about this exciting role.
This is a Permanent position and Coleman James Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency.