CRMS Design Survey Engineer
|Salary||45,000 per annum|
To support our client’s Design and Engineering department in the production of Telecommunication system detailed designs inclusive of CRMS systems, Associated fixings, Leaky Feeder installation and Cable identification in support of the system design.
The role will involve interpreting detailed survey information of railway infrastructure and producing detailed documentation and drawings, to demonstrate the proposed design for the CRMS, inclusive of any new installation and utilization of existing CRMS routes.
Survey and assess the proposed CRMS installation and routes to ensure a cost-effective design with consideration to the latest Health and Safety guidance.
Working with the various project teams to produce detailed documentation and schedules to ensure coordination with the overall system detailed design package.
Compiling documentation and drawings into correct format for submission to clients, including Conceptual design, Detailed design, redline design packs, Engineering change requests and As-Built information.
Fully responsible for execution of assigned projects throughout all stages of the design.
- Managing their deliverables for their design element from design stage through to As-Built phase.
- Ensure that the company’s design solutions are undertaken with consideration of commercial, programme implications and risks/hazards.
- Implementing health and safety risk assessments at design stage, ensuring designs are prepared and/or modified to avoid foreseeable health and safety risks at installation stage.
- Able to work as part of a dynamic team, as well as demonstrating individual drive and ownership of allocated tasks.
- Support the culture of continuous HSE and company improvement.
- Communicate any concerns regarding Safety.
- Attend training events at company’s premises and those of third-party training organisation.
- A good understanding of MEP design regulations in the Rail environment.
- Able to interpret detailed survey information of railway infrastructure and producing detailed design deliverables including CRMS Design report, space application clearance application, node point drawings and schedules, CRMS layout drawings, CRMS fixing arrangement in plan and elevation, earthing arrangements.
- Able to compile documentation and drawings into correct format for submission to clients, including redlined design packs and as-built information.
- Able to communicate clearly in written, sketch and drawn forms to people at all levels
- Capable of working to tight project time scales whilst paying attention to detail, and act comfortably under pressure
- Interpreting detailed survey information of railway infrastructure and producing detailed design deliverables including CRMS Design report, space application clearance application, node point drawings and schedules, CRMS layout drawings, CRMS fixing arrangement in plan and elevation, earthing arrangements.
- Production of detailed bill of materials from design documentation utilising existing parts catalogues and assisting with specifying new parts and suppliers where necessary
- A good understanding of Electrical & mechanical design regulations
Education level and/or relevant experience(s)
- At least 4 years' experience working in a engineering design environment.
- Knowledge of British Standards, experience of Railway standards.
- Experience and good understanding of the UK rail communication and signalling network
- Experience of Railway Communication systems
- Experienced with ISO and TFL Standards.
- Experience with CAD drawing production, and a competent user of Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- Experience with production of bills of materials for technical projects.
Knowledge and skills
- Oragnisation skills
- Time Management
- Knowledge of CRMS systems and associated items to produce a complete point to point design.