Design Coordinator - Main-contractor
|Location||Tyne & Wear|
|Salary||Up to £45k + benefits|
A key client of mine, who is a residential and construction main contractor, is seeking a Design Coordinator on a permanent basis to join their team in Tyne & Wear. You will be tasked with coordinating all technical information between external consultants and internal departments, to ensure all approvals are obtained and information received to allow for a scheduled start on-site. You will be involved in: procurement, planning & design, product development, design management and client liaison. Main duties will include:
- Advise on scheme compliance
- Adhere to NHBC standards throughout the scheme life-cycle
- Advise on suitability of proposals
- Compile all information required for a timely site start, whilst liaising with architects, engineers, consultants, internal teams and the client
- Working on mixed use developments, encompassing: residential, commercial and assisted living projects.
To be considered for this role, you must:
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have previously worked in a Design or Development Coordination role with a main-contractor
- Hold a relevant degree in Design Management or Construction Management
- Have up to date knowledge of NHBC regulations and an understanding of local authorities
Please get in touch to discuss this excellent opportunity further.