Design Manager / CEM
|Location||Location – Braintree|
|Salary||Up to £85,000 pa.|
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Design Manager to progress their career. You will be joining our rail and civil engineering infrastructure team in the Anglia region supporting the regional CEM (Contractors Engineering Manager). This will cover both the Civils Asset Management framework Buildings & Access For All portfolio of projects.
A busy and fast paced business unit involved in a range of civil engineering works predominantly associated with rail (bridges, embankments, stations, platforms, tunnels etc.). The business unit are involved in multi-disciplinary civils and buildings projects across the Anglia region, whether infrastructure projects or asset management / maintenance works around the region.
As Design Manager you will be working within the Anglia regional team, responsible for managing the design delivery process for both the internal design team and external designers, dedicated to schemes within the local framework but also providing support to other projects in the South East and Anglia region. This role will provide exceptional career development prospects with the opportunity to work towards gaining CEM competence. Your remit will include:
• Support the CEM in delivery of the works, deputising as necessary
• Identify and raise Technical Queries for Information for design and BIM related items.
• Manage the design tracker to keep the client and project team updated on progress
• Agree the design programme and monitoring the progress of design
• Monitor the progress of design delivery against agreed programme
• Ensure change is identified and managed in accordance with the change procedure, working with the commercial teams and updating the program
• Review Remit documentation and establish company's design scope and responsibilities
• Ensure that the design is checked and certified appropriately, and that design decisions that have led to the proposed solution are recorded.
• Identify site survey requirements and instruct supply chain accordingly
• Prepare the Design Brief and issue to the Design Consultant
• Act as the main interface between the Design Consultant, the Project Team and the Client, to ensure the transparent flow of information
• Assist with the consultant selection process and ensure company's design scope is allocated to an appropriate designer
• Review quotations/proposals from designers against the design brief and ensuring that all required scope items are priced and programmed. Ensure project risks and design assumptions are communicated to the project team
• Challenge the design consultant on residual risks and communicating them to the Project Team
To excel in this role, you will have previous experience as a Design Manager in a rail and civil engineering environment.
- Degree / HNC or HND in civil engineering (or equivalent compensating experience in a technical engineering role)
- Experience as Design Manager in a multi-disciplinary rail and civil engineering infrastructure, contracting environment.
- CRE (Contractors Responsible Engineer) experience
- Competitive annual salary negotiable dependant on experience
- Company Car or Car Allowance
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (increasing with service)
- Up to 3 volunteer days’
- Company contributory Pension scheme
- Life Insurance
- Westfield Health Cash Plan & Westfield Rewards
- Generous Employee referral scheme
- Support and employee infrastructure embedded in the business as a platform for personal and professional development creating pathways for unrivalled career development and progression opportunities internally.
- Consistent learning opportunities
- A safe place to work
- Employee forum’s that provide a platform for having your voice heard