Electrical Building Services Design Engineer
Our client provides building consultancy, construction, installation and process engineering nationwide. The business operates major contracts which can include principal contracting, large scale subcontracting and specialist services.
- To manage, co-ordinate and provide specific project and engineering support.
- To technically manage design output on projects.
- To work alongside the Engineering Design Manager and Lead EC&I Engineer in setting budgets, estimates, quality requirements and programmes for design works.
- Ensuring CAD Operators prepare fully coordinated model and then GA’s to support the project from design to final completion.
- To manage and monitor the engineering scope of the project to ensure it is delivered at the right quality, on time and budget or estimate.
- Cross-functional co-ordination with Operations Director, Engineering Design Manager, Managers, vendors, customers, 3rd party Design.
- Ensure the support team have the correct skills set and are SQEP to undertake the task.
- Highlight and report any deficiencies within the team, processes or procedures.
Personal Experience and Qualities:
- An appropriate Engineering qualification and relevant experience in a related role to ensure ability to complete the role.
- Knowledge and understanding of all Company management systems.
- Knowledge of Company products, services and customers to best provide a professional service.
- Positive communication skills in dealing with people so that problems can be satisfactorily resolved and customer satisfaction is maintained.
- Ability to work on and control multiple projects throughout their life span to ensure effective completion to the standards required.
- Ability to develop and maintain good positive relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Skill to manage a team of people adopting the most effective approach to ensure all team tasks are completed to the best of each individual’s ability.
- Sound understanding of engineer technologies.
- Good understanding of the principles of project management.
- Good understanding of nuclear engineering and management system.
- Results Driven
- Focus on Excellence
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Customer Focus
- Operational Excellence
- Honesty & Integrity