Electrical Design Engineer - Rail (Building Services)
|Salary||£32,000 - £40,000|
To support a strong pipeline of building services work within their Rail Business Unit my client, an International multi discipline Design Consultancy have a new opportunity for an Electrical Engineer – Rail (Building Services) to join their busy team.
Their UK Team continues to add to their impressive list of project awards and recent successes have seen them secure some of the UK’s most high profile, complex and stimulating projects to complement their existing portfolio of works.
They have an enviable reputation and track record in the delivery of some of the UK’s most prestigious and challenging infrastructure and building projects. They work on behalf of Network Rail, Nexus, HS2, NPR, Transport for London, Local Authorities, Government agencies, Major Contractors and Developers, etc. throughout the UK to deliver design services from inception through to the project completion.
Reporting to a Senior/Principal Engineer, you will be responsible for developing the technical solutions for assigned projects ensuring successful delivery. While our primary sector of work is the rail industry, they operate in a diverse marketplace. You will have an opportunity to gain an experience of working on a wide and varied portfolio of projects e.g. rail, education, residential, commercial, which will enhance your design skills and technical knowledge.
You will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of projects to meet budget, timeframe and quality targets, meeting or exceeding client expectations, promoting and marketing all facets of Arcadis’ services during interfaces with clients and other sectors and disciplines.
They will ensure that they offer personal development which will allow you to progress your career and give you the best possible chance of success.
- Undertake electrical building services design on UK and international projects with a good understanding of regulatory requirements and relevant standards
- Undertake technical tasks in accordance with the company’s quality, safety and project management/engineering procedures and controls
- Preparation of calculations, technical reports, specifications and drawings
- Delivery of allocated technical assignments including LV distribution, cable management system, energy metering, lighting and control, earthing and bonding, sustainable technologies and renewable energy systems, etc
- Inputs to the formulation of technical proposals and their presentation to potential clients
- Accountable for the effective delivery of the assigned tasks and deliverables of Projects to time, to the required quality and budget
- Maintain good relationships with client’s key representatives, and contribute to the marketing / networking of the company to potential customers
- Contribute to the overall team development and growth through strategic inputs, skill development and mentoring graduate engineers/trainees
- Manage and plan your work and deliverables while working on multiple projects to meet the expected delivery milestones
Qualifications & Experience:
- Proven electrical building services engineering design experience in design consultancy environment
- Be a competent user of office IT and design software tools i.e. AMTECH, Dialux, etc and working knowledge of AutoCAD / REVIT
- Experience in integration of renewable energy sources within the building LV distribution system
- Good working knowledge of legislation, British Standards, European standards and international standards
- Capable of planning work and deliverables while working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience of working in a multidisciplinary environment
- Good report and specification writing skills, experience of making presentations to and attending meetings with clients is essential
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be willing to be mobile, travel within the UK and abroad for project related work when required
Salary & Benefits Package
- £32 - £40k
- 25 days holiday
- single cover private medical
- health income protection
- 8% matched pension contribution
- sick pay
- funding of 1 professional membership
- life assurance 3x annual salary
- my rewards scheme
- salary sacrifice scheme e.g. buy and sell holidays
- chartership bonus of 2k