Principal Technical Manager
|Salary||Highly competitive salary + bonus + package|
We have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Technical Manager (Electrically Biased) to join one of the UK’s most prominent design led MEP contractors to provide technical and design enabling services on various projects across the North.
Key Accountabilities will include:
- Technical accountability for the mechanical & electrical engineering services for the project
- Responsible for Designing for Safety & CDM
- Leadership of selection & appointment of partner consultants & Critical Friends
- Accountable for IPD Design Reviews, coaching of MEP Designers & management of technical actions
- Attendance, contribution & collaboration regarding: - ‘Making a Great Start’ & Strategy Presentations & IPD Workshops
- Early procurement decisions & technical authorisation of major packages, plant & equipment
- Authorisation of significant Technical Submittals
- OSM optimisation
- Technical authorisation of Value engineering & value management
- Accountability for technical assessment, coaching and development of Preconstruction Leaders, Design Project Managers & Project Managers & Engineers
- Collation of Design KPI’s on all projects
We are looking for a qualified Technical Manager with knowledge of Technical Legislation & Regulations while working on Major Projects within the M&E sector. Experience of both MEP consultancy and MEP Contracting desirable.
To be successful in the role you will be an adept communicator with a customer focus and strong business acumen and ideally a Chartered Engineer. MCIBSE/MIET. You will be able to demonstrate leadership and have a strategic focus with the ability to influence. You will be successful at identifying and setting priorities, and then plan and effectively allocate appropriate resources. Attend to detail so that relevant issues are addressed and result in high-quality outcomes are key.
A fantastic opportunity to join an industry leader with big plans for the future.
For full details please contact Robyn on 07908137698 or email your CV to email@example.com