|Location||Derby (Hybrid working avaliable)|
|Salary||£50,000 - £55,000 + Car|
- To ensure tenders are submitted in accordance with client requirements in terms of content, format and timescales.
- To produce accurate, competitive, error free, thorough, well researched tenders in a standard format, whilst maintaining estimating files and records as required complying with Gated Lifecycle, Bid Governance and Audit requirements.
- To provide a pre and post contract estimating service to meet profit, quality and service objectives through communication with the strategy & business development, commercial, operational, procurement, finance, insurance and legal functions, and a clear understanding of clients’ tender requirements.
- Compliance with the Gated Lifecycle process.
- Compliance with Bid Governance processes, including producing bid governance papers and templates as required for bid governance reviews.
- Compliance with the Company Code of Conduct.
- Ensuring estimating files are produced and maintained to comply with Gated Lifecycle, Bid
- Governance and Audit requirements.
- Management of subcontract and supplier enquiries as required to support submission of tenders.
- Estimating build up for tender submissions in standard error free format, including ensuring all tenders have a tender stage risk & opportunity register
- Ensuring hand over from estimating to commercial, operational, procurement, finance functions for all contract wins through the contract hand over and start up process
- Understand the importance of corporate governance and ensure consistent measures and standards are applied.
- Review and dissemination of tender documentation received from clients to the strategy & business development, commercial, operational, procurement, finance, insurance and legal functions as required, including attending client tender briefings, raising formal tender queries, disseminating client responses to tender queries and disseminating client revisions to tender documents.
- Undertake risk grading of tender opportunities as required by the Gated Lifecycle and Bid Governance processes, ensuring that all tenders have an appropriate risk & opportunity register as required by the Gated Lifecycle and Bid Governance processes.
- Ensuring tender opportunities are entered on to the CRM database and their status reviewed and updated as required to reflect their current status, including meeting the requirements of the Gated Lifecycle and Bid Governance processes and to provide accurate and timely CRM reports and management information.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with existing and prospective clients, identifying opportunities to grow and optimise future business.
- Estimating build up for tender submissions in standard error free format, including ensuring all tenders have a tender stage risk & opportunity register.
- Ensure all data utilised in tender build ups are current and relevant (e.g. Labour / Plant rates applicable to delivery period)
- Check any received quotations from prospective suppliers / subcontracts are compliant with client/tender requirements (validity, approvals, technical requirements etc)
- Consider alternative tenders submissions and develop and price any worthy of consideration and submission including consideration of innovations.
- Ensure proper understanding of tender requirements is disseminated to all relevant staff.
- Cashflow and three-point estimate modelling.
- Experience in a similar role
- Understanding of Risk & Opportunity analysis
- Educated to degree level or equivalent desirable but not essential
- Good financial acumen with an ability to analyse complex data and documentation accurately
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in general IT applications e.g. Word and Excel, and standard estimating software e.g. CANDY
- Proactively contributing to teamwork and cross-functional working. Listening and sharing knowledge enabling us to willingly combine expertise across the business and with our clients and supply chain.
- Behaving with integrity and demonstrating professionalism at all times.
- Taking personal responsibility & accountability for actions, constantly striving to improve and exceed expectations ensuring safety and quality are never compromised.