Facilities and Maintenance Manager
|Salary||Up to £52,000 pa.|
To oversee and execute the maintenance of the site and its infrastructure ensuring the facility functions safely and in good working order.
• Identify all land, buildings, services and equipment that requires maintenance and establish an effective site TPM plan.
• Create a robust Autonomous Maintenance strategy with a robust execution plan.
• To ensure the site meets the minimum legislative and statute requirements.
• Management of subcontracting service providers to ensure they work safely to high standard and are competitively sourced.
• Create and implement facilities operating procedures ensuring required competence and compliance is obtained.
• Understand and manage the facilities and maintenance budget.
• Create relevant KPI’s and report to all levels of the business.
• Responsible for keeping the maintenance software (MyCompliance) up to date.
• To prioritize and organize large workloads and ensure internal customer expectations are met.
• To ensure waste disposal on site is in accordance with European Legislation and the business obtains maximum financial benefit of valuable waste.
• Ensuring the Asset register is up to date.
• To identify repairs or upgrades to the site and prepare comprehensive Capital Expenditure applications.
• To ensure effective management of the in-house maintenance team and to provide clear progress updates of work complete versus plan.
• To liaise with local authorities e.g., local Council, HSE, landlords.
• Prioritize and support any relevant accreditation audits.
• Emergency point of contact and out of hours gate keeper.
Education & Experience Requirements
• Recognized accreditation to facilities management institute, IFMA, IWFM.
• Qualified to NVQ Level 3 in a technical capacity and CDM qualification is desirable.
• Demonstrated experience in managing Legislative/Regulation Requirements.
• Skilled in development of Visual Management and lean principles such as 5S
• Experience in managing tight budgets and being resourceful in identifying alternative and more economical solutions
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills