Grounds Supervisor - 4222
|Location||Newcastle Upon Tyne|
|Salary||£22,000 - £23,400 pa depending on experience and qualifications|
Our client is looking for a Grounds Supervisor to carry out grounds maintenance, horticultural services and winter maintenance. Duties include but are not limited to:
- As a supervisor, have full responsibility for the efficient and effective day-to-day management of grounds personnel providing an exceptional service to the business on a 5 over 7 working pattern.
- Co-ordinate internal resources to deliver a safe winter maintenance programme including gritting and snow clearance as and when required. Procure winter maintenance supplies (salt, shovels etc) as and when required.
- Develop an appropriate rota for day-to-day duties of the team and a call-out rota for winter maintenance.
- Ensure appropriate arrangements exist to maintain training and competency of the grounds team.
- Motivate and instil customer focus culture within the grounds maintenance team to drive customer satisfaction.
- Create seasonal grounds maintenance programme with designs and cost proposals for both locations.
- Using the company’s online procurement system, procure all grounds supplies including shrubs, bedding plants, tools and equipment.
- Procure and manage uniforms and PPE for the grounds team.
- Support with Open Days, Summer and Winter Congregations and any other external event in and out of normal working hours.
- Highlight risks to service delivery to the Facilities Co-ordinator and promote continuous improvement.
- Regularly review and update activity Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of Work.
- Carry out periodic visual checks of all ground’s equipment and vehicles, documenting all damage, wear/tear, defects, removing damaged equipment from circulation and escalating to line manager for action.
- Maintain an asset register of tools, machinery, equipment, and PPE used by the grounds team.
- Maintain adequate pesticides and diesel supplies along with appropriate storage and registers.
- Supported by the Facilities Co-ordinator, conduct recruitment, selection, induction and ensure core training for all grounds staff are completed in a timely manner.
- Facilitate staff management processes including performance reviews, sickness & absence reviews, return to work interviews and any other processes required for the smooth running of the operation.
- Support the implementation of the quality performance framework to demonstrate effective performance measurement including the provision of annual appraisals, arranging/delivering training and development as identified.
- Ensure grounds staff work to appropriate risk assessments and method statements, contributing to the annual review process.
- Deliver periodic “Toolbox” and Health & Safety talks to the grounds team, ensuring sessions are documented.
- Respond positively to feedback by proactively reviewing processes, procedures, and practices to ensure that the needs and expectation of relevant stakeholders ate met.
- Contribute to the development of a collaborative, collegiate and inclusive culture by sharing information and good practice with others.
- Demonstrate a flexible attitude to change, supporting the company to meet existing and future needs of the business.
Hours: 7am – 3pm Monday to Friday (37 hours per week), with occasional weekend work to cover events as required
Location: Newcastle – working between 2 locations within the Newcastle area
Salary: £22,000 - £23,400 pa depending upon experience / qualifications
Suitable applicants must have recent experience within a similar role, be able to use relevant equipment and specific gardening vehicles, be PA1 / PA6 qualified, have a full driving license to use the company vehicle between sites and those with any of the following would be highly attractive although this is not essential:
- Level 2 in Landscaping or Horticulture