|Salary||Up to £33,800 p.a.|
As Indirect buyer you will procure all indirect products and services required by the business, ensuring Procurement best practice at all times.
You will undertake the execution of purchase orders in line with required time-lines and within budget. Demand which is not covered by Contract Agreements will be sourced through RFQ activity, including evaluation of supplier offers and negotiation. You will support the development of supplier relationship management and partnerships with key suppliers. You will collaborate closely with cross functional teams within the company to pro-actively anticipate issues and address them to mitigate risk. You will actively look for cost savings opportunities and execute existing initiatives. You will support the Purchasing Manager by identifying areas for improvements to be made and support with existing initiatives. You will input into functional KPIs and report on a monthly basis. You will exhibit strength within a crossfunctional team, as well as confident independent working. You will strive for personal development within procurement.
• Purchase goods, materials, components, and site services in line with specified cost, quality, and delivery targets
• Manage purchase orders and calls off in support of required time-lines and budgets
• Manage RFQ activity for demand outside of Contract Agreements
• Supplier Management, work closely with key suppliers to ensure performance and quality requirements are met
• Contract management – ensuring all contracts are monitored and renewed in a timely manner at the best possible price and quality.
• Supporting the Purchasing Manager with the execution of the Company's Services procurement strategy
•Support development of partnerships with key suppliers as directed by the Purchasing Manager
• Collaborating closely with cross-functional teams to anticipate and address emerging issues
• Contribute to and identify cost saving initiatives
• Contribute and identify improvements to products and processes • Report on monthly KPI’s
• Drive for personal development within procurement
Educational Requirements & Relating Experience:
• Educated to Degree or equivalent and/or Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) preferable.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing or service environment
• Experienced in Indirect Buying
• SAP or similar MRP experience
• Purchasing Knowledge of contract formulation, terms and conditions, and negotiation techniques.
• Ability to communicate effectively (both verbal and written) at all levels
• General knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point
• Self-motivated and able to manage own work-load to achieve targets set by self or others