Lead Installation & Commissioning Engineer
|Salary||£35,000 - £40,000 pa.|
We are currently recruiting for a Lead Installation and Commissioning (I&C) Engineer for our Rail Infrastructure CIS business in Ashby. Working across multiple sites, the Lead I&C Engineer will represent the Construction Team within a project and lead the telecoms construction team activities, ensuring delivery to program and budget.
Working within the project team to ensure the timely delivery of installations works completed to the required standards and adhering to the NR Rule Book, Company’s methodologies, processes and procedures..
This is your role
- Lead teams on site-based activities, ensuring that works are implemented as per plan and reported on in a timely and efficient manner
- Lead I&C has a responsibility for ensuring all works on site are carried out safely and that all team members comply with the requirements of the project, adhering to site rules detailed in the QEHS documentation, inductions & briefings.
- Ensure the timely briefing of installation methodologies, Work Package Plans, Task Briefing Sheet and associated generic methodologies.
- Ensure site construction documentation is present, adequately covers the works being undertaken and is current.
- Promote a right first-time approach to all works.
- Supply detailed progress reports to the Site Manager along with the timely reporting of any incidents in line with company and project processes.
- Monitor and ensure a good appreciation of material requirement against project program.
- Ensure no deviations from designs are implemented prior to approval from the correct authority utilising the RFI process.
Qualifications and experience required for this role
- Extensive knowledge of all Telecoms Construction & Test works including Transmission, copper & fibre
- Must hold a current Safe Work Leader / COSS qualification
- Suitable technical operation telecoms skills
- Good leadership, motivational, and inter-personal skills
- Good understanding of task, time, and people management
- Full driving license
As a leader in transport solutions, they shape connected mobility
The mobility environment is being shaped by three megatrends: climate change, population growth and digitalization.
These trends demand for seamless, sustainable, reliable, and secure mobility solutions to ensure a high quality of life for 9.6 billion people worldwide by 2050. And those people will aspire for seamless transportation from the first to the last mile.
Digitalization is helping us to master these trends and continuously transform the way we travel.
Therefore, we are constantly innovating our portfolio in our core areas: rolling stock, rail automation
and electrification, intelligent traffic systems, related services, and turnkey projects – to shape the
future of mobility