Mechanical Design Engineer
Coleman James are working with a highly specialised North West based engineering company who due to their continued growth and success are in the market for a Mechanical Design Engineer to work on a number of data centre design and build projects.
They have over 200 staff and have achieved recent growth with on-going expansion plans. The client is keen to recruit candidates who will be part of this ambition. They are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity in our workforce.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To produce designs for data centre mechanical systems including chilled water and high efficiency cooling systems
- To produce mechanical schematics both for sales documentation and for build drawings
- To produce specifications for critical part of mechanical installations
- Create and issue mechanical specifications to contractors
- Review mechanical quotations and select suitable contractor
- Carry out site surveys
- To develop the mechanical systems including developing all necessary drawings, technical submissions, calculations and descriptions of operation to construction standard.
- To liaise with all sub-contractors and ensure that all drawings are issued with all required information.
- To liaise with the Procurement Manager to ensure all necessary specifications and drawings and available for procurement use
- To check and approve Purchase Orders with respect to Technical Design
- Experience with Data Centre Installations preferable but not essential.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Qualified (HNC/HND level or above)
- Experience with Data Centre / High Efficiency Cooling Installations preferable but not essential
- Good communicator, both in writing and on the telephone
- Good numeracy skills
- Experience with Amtech – preferable but not essential
- Competent in Word and Outlook and Excel
- Able to prioritise tasks and manage time, to meet tender return deadlines
- Experience with and currently working for a mechanical consultant or contractor in a similar role (data centre design experience preferable)
Planning and Organising:
- Ability to organise own workload
- Ability to prioritise work and deliver to tight deadlines
- Able to maintain accurate and timely records as required by the role
- Forward thinking, dedicated and driven
Working with People:
- Able to establish a rapport with service users as necessary e.g. clients, members of the public, other contractors etc.
- Understands how to encourage and influence people to get the best from them
- Understands the needs of others and able to respond accordingly
- Able to communicate factual information politely and courteously.
- Has excellent spoken skills e.g. telephone and face-to-face conversations.
- Has advanced written and numeric skills appropriate to the job.
This is a Permanent position and Coleman James are acting as an Employment Agency.