Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer (Elec Bias) 4132
|Location||Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh|
To carry out planned maintenance of building fabric, reactive repairs of commercial mechanical plant/equipment, electrical building services and associated equipment. This role is working as part of a team covering separate healthcare and educational facilities on the southside suburbs of Edinburgh which are only a couple of miles apart.
- Monitoring of Planned Preventative Maintenance, ensuring statutory compliance at all times
- Ensuring reactive, PPM tasks are completed on time
- Monitoring help desk systems (Concept) to ensure SLA’s and rectification times are being met
- Support Management with additional works for the client, building repairs and lifecycle maintenance
- Carry out Electrical planned/reactive/additional works in clients’ buildings, including minor works, repairs, fault finding and fault diagnosis.
- Ensure compliance with the Electrical Installation Regulations (17th/18th Edition Regs) at all times, and that the appropriate materials used.
- To be fully conversant with all aspects of electrical installation works of both 230v and 400v.
- Attend any tasks issued which may include non-electrical jobs for which the post holder has the necessary skills and knowledge to undertake.
- To liaise with other staff and Sub-contractors as necessary to ensure the timely completion of works within agreed operational targets.
- Carry out and complete all works to high quality standards and in a competent manner in accordance with Health and Safety Standards, Clients Policies and Procedures and with the property being left in a clean and tidy condition.
- To accept progress and complete accurately all works allocated via a portable electronic device and update all tasks in a timely manner.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and building plans.
- Working hours will be based on a rotational shift pattern and will include occasional weekend work and participation in an on-call rota. Working hours will include occasional holiday cover and sickness cover, flexibility in daily working hours will be a requirement, reasonable notice will be given in advance
- Your working hours will be split between managing a healthcare facility and managing an educational establishment as and when required
- Attend Tool-Box-Talks, training and meetings as required by management.
- To act at all times in accordance with the rules, policies, procedures and financial regulations.
- The operative will be required to act in a courteous and respectful manor when working.
- A full clean driving licence will be desirable as successful application may be expected to do some driving in company vehicles to visit other sites and suppliers.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Electrical Qualification - 17th Edition as a minimum although 18th Edition training will be provided if required
- Working as part of an FM team in healthcare experience would be advantageous
- Experience within a facilities management environment
- The successful applicant clearing a PVG Disclosure check
- Time served apprenticeship would be essential
We offer an opportunity to work on some of the UK's most notable projects which shape the landscape and infrastructure for the British public, in a fast-paced environment where each day brings new challenges. Our competitive salary and benefits package includes a generous holiday package, buy back holiday, access to the employee assistant programme for all wellbeing needs, dedicated learning & development support and private healthcare. For this role, you will be part of a team managing new modern buildings containing up-to-date equipment and technology. You will be based at one of our sites in the bustling southside area of Edinburgh with free parking available on site, access to a staff canteen and numerous cafes and shops in the vicinity – it’s a nice place to be.