Possession & SWP Planner
As a Principal Contractor to Network Rail, and extensive experience of supporting the London Underground Network, the business works with prestigious clients with a proven track record of safety, quality, and competency.
An opportunity has arisen for a Possession and SWP Planner to join the existing team.
- Review & process all access requests & upload on workspace
- Work closely with the Construction Management and Estimating team to identify all available possessions to optimise working and to maintain the project programme.
- Preparation of the master/contract/managing possession schedule and supporting information
- Ensure possession, isolation and protection requests are submitted in line with Network rail planning timescales and relevant format.
- Planning of possession/protection arrangements in line with latest internal & external standards & procedures.
- Planning for work within a possession & track protection arrangements with & without electrification isolation, including TSR’s & ESR’s, section C & D notices, applying for a worksite using the Possession Planning System (PPS/GZAM/P4D-ONTRAC) & other application platforms in accordance with NR/L2/NDS/202, NR/L3/OCS/303 and NR/L3/INI/CP0064 & understanding different regional requirements.
- Submit operational requirements & engineering applications for project deliverables
- Monitor/record/highlight any possession planning changes, incidents & irregularities.
- Prepare safety critical documentation in line with internal, client / partner standards.
- Attend or arrange attendance to all internal & external possession & integration meetings with internal staff, partners and clients, provide feedback allowing accurate information back to operational delivery team
- Using expertise, identify project risks/opportunities and participate in the management process.
- Support and take part in company / industry related initiatives as required inc. 019 meetings.
- Day to day management of the possession planning process / booking of safety critical staff in compliance with company processes and procedures.
- Monitor all applications made on the designated systems from inception through to successful delivery & review process’s and assist with close out on site.
- Identify possession opportunities that optimise worksite & isolation limits whilst maximising available working times.
- Manage the possession programme for the territory and work stream.
- Manage representation at planning, pre –possession and isolation meetings including appropriate safety critical staff / suppliers & the staff provided
- Undertake site visits to identify and validate access points, worksite limits, earthing points, etc. if required
- Accurately record data for compliance with RISQS & internal audit protocol requirements uploading onto workspace
- Assist with KPI reports & data
- Prepare safety critical documentation in line with railway group standards
- Ensure justifications for all SSOW are valid & challenged if required
- Ensure SWP’s forwarded for verification are complete as per 019
- Maintaining their competence as a Safe System of Work Planner, as defined in NR/L2/CTM/209.
- Checking all completed and implemented SWPs returned for recorded lessons learnt: errors and changes. Any lessons learnt shall be recorded for correction in all future planning. All incorrect plans shall be withdrawn.
- Updating the SWP register on workspace to responsible manager’s instructions.
- Planning of safe system work packs using the On-Trac or other Systems.
- Plan and book line blockage using Rail Hub system and conduct checks on the WON/DAP/Green Zone Access for availability.
- Ensure line blocks are planned / authorised in line with company procedures.
- Support the Possession Planner as required with:
- Isolation limits/sections/switching, hazards associated with site when inputting a worksite into PPS.
- Attend any relevant NWR meetings i.e. T10 Days, T7, T11 and Possession meetings.
- Assist with the resource of safety critical staff in line with requirements.
- Ensure all information is cascaded & included in SWP’s & briefed ensuring accurate SWP’s are delivered.
- Ensure line blockage tracker is up to date.
- Book agency or internal attendant labour / safety critical staff in accordance with company procedures to possession planner & responsible managers instructions.
- Support and take part in company / industry related initiatives as required.
- Ensuring Compliance to the RISQS & internal Audits.
- Carry out regular Site Visits to review Access Points, Hazards and other changes to the Railway infrastructure if required.
- Review Weekly WONs as well as upcoming drafts in readiness for planned works.