Principal Electrical Engineer
|Salary||£70k. - £75k. pa.|
To undertake the engineering required to integrate technology enhancements onto existing rolling stock under turnkey projects. This extends from contract award, through design, material procurement, validation and installation. To be a focal point for technical expertise.
- Responsible for delivering solutions to a range of engineering problems related to passenger and freight rolling stock.
- Support the Chief Engineer and Head of the company by managing the engineering solutions.
- Produce non-drawing technical documentation associated with a project, and support the design department in the production of engineering drawings
- Identify and specify components, and provide technical support to the procurement team.
- Undertake vehicle surveys.
- Liaise with customers and suppliers.
- Work to agreed procedures for the control of all drawings and documentation.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Ensure that work is undertaken within the agreed project scope.
- Ensure work is delivered to the agreed project timescales.
- Ensure work is delivered to the required project quality.
- Ensure compliance with technical, quality and safety standards.
- Ensure compliance with GRT quality procedures.
- Represent GRT in a positive way to external customers and suppliers.
- Report to Lead Engineer.
- Support Project Managers.
- Collaborate with all engineering function members.
- Support Procurement Team.
- Support Installation Managers.
- Support Bid Team. External
- The company customer base.
- The company supplier base.
- Professional Bodies.
- Responsibility for making engineering decisions using a variety of information sources.
- Engineering qualification at degree level, or equivalent industry experience. Chartership is advantageous.
- Significant industry experience within a Rail Engineering & Design Environment.
- Highly competent technical report writing.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
- Excellent knowledge of core engineering skills. PLC programming is advantageous.
- A thorough technical understanding of the various rail vehicle systems.
- An understanding of the industry structure.
- Detailed knowledge and expertise of a number of specialist engineering techniques
- An industry leader within a specialist engineering field.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Ability to use own initiative to identify solutions to engineering problems.
- Excellent technical research and comprehension skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to discuss and promote technical issues with experts.
- Excellent at administration, time management and planning.
- The ability to work alone and unsupervised, or as part of a team.