Principal OLE Design Engineer
This will be a diverse role working as part of the clients OLE function as a technical lead where you will be responsible for managing technical aspects of larger projects or components of major Rail projects, meeting financial, quality and timeframe objectives and meeting or exceeding client expectations.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic and successful Rail business that is growing rapidly. You will be rewarded with a rich diet of interesting and challenging rail projects and an opportunity to develop your career with a successful global engineering consultancy.
- Lead designer & CRE responsibilities for OLE design projects
- Develop OLE designs and solutions throughout all stages of project lifecycle for Network Rail sites
- Production of OLE designs ensuring high quality delivery and management, including Allocations, Cross Sections, Layout Plans, Isolation Diagrams etc.
- Manage the production of, and quality assure analysis and design and the associated documentation and reports to ensure that they meet or exceed client expectations as well as Arcadis requirements, and that they comply with national standards and codes of practice
- Work collaboratively with other design disciplines within an agreed engineering management environment to ensure the integration of the OLE designs.
- Oversee an agreed scope of work and the operational workload of a project team including sub-contractors, ensuring work are allocated appropriately and resources are fully utilised
- Manage the performance of team members and sub-contractors, identifying and ensuring the resolution of any issues
- Present and gains agreement of design options and opportunities to maximise the profitability of design components and drive the implementation of these
- Provide technical leadership at a project level
- Approve and signs off on work
- Work collaboratively with other design disciplines to ensure the integration of OLE designs and solutions
- Undertake verification checking of elements of work with higher complexity
Qualifications & Experience:
- Have a BSc/BEng or MSc/MEng in a Mechanical or Electrical Engineering discipline
- Achieved Chartered or Incorporated Engineer professional status, or equivalent
- Relevant experience including supervision of elements of large Overhead Line electrical technical design projects
- Experience of providing technical leadership and advice to project team members
- Experience of applying sound independent engineering judgement in the development of projects
- Maintain and extend a sound theoretical approach to the application of technology in engineering practice
- Discuss ideas and plan competently and with confidence
- Effective personal and social skills
- Experience of delivery to a project’s quality management system
- Have a sound knowledge and experience of the management of design risks.