Project Engineer OLE
|Location||York or Doncaster|
Our client has an opportunity available for an experienced OLE Project Engineer to join their team.
- Provide effective communication of information to facilitate compliance with Statutory, Industry, Mandatory and client/contractor requirements for use by the projects team.
- Liaise with the projects team personnel to ensure their requirement are understood and complied with.
- Provide input as required to the bid and work winning teams to ensure our client is presented with competitive and compliant tenders. Provide input as required to answer client questions in relation to tenders submitted. Provide input on design, buildability and methodologies as required.
- Undertake all work in accordance with all relevant client and/or Contractor Standards and Instructions.
- Undertake Risk Assessments as required throughout the project lifecycle.
- Provide input as required to SSOW planners to enable safe systems of work to be established for all works.
- Provide guidance and support as necessary to site teams to ensure: methodologies and processes for work delivery are developed; work undertaken is in accordance with the design, is compliant with client requirements and meets the required quality standard.
You will be self-motivated with a pro-active approach and have experience of working under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
The candidate will also ideally have the following experience/skill set:
- A Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related discipline with an HNC/HND as a minimum.
- Demonstrable experience working within Overhead Line Engineering.
- Confident communication skills, both in writing and in internal and external correspondence.
- Awareness of health, safety, welfare and environmental aspects of all development projects.
- Ability to apply technical knowledge in analysing problems and creating solutions.
- Ability to operate effectively in the site environment.
- Competent user of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Experience at team working/collaborating.
Flexibility is also essential for this role as there will be weekend working and travel.