|Salary||£60,000 plus package|
Purpose Of The Job
Manage the planning and monitoring of projects to which they are assigned throughout all project stages. Work with key stakeholders to develop the most efficient project methodology to assist with on time and on budget delivery of all Rail projects. Identify any rectification actions required and influence the parties responsible to complete these actions.
The planning department is busy and fast paced project environment involved in a range of multi-disciplinary civil engineering projects, working for a varied range of clients including Local Authorities and Third-Party Clients. Projects can typically include civil engineering works and infrastructure projects such as station builds, footbridges, car parks, underbridges, embankments and rail platforms etc.
Specific Statutory Duties
To ensure that job specific activities do not introduce unacceptable business and safety risks to any aspect of the company operation, or the staff therein, and to ensure that the appropriate policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to, in particular the Health and Safety policy for the business.
- Construct and maintain detailed project plans in P6 from first principles including resource and cost loading to include submission and modification, baselining and baseline control according to contract requirements, change control and reporting.
- Continuously monitor the programmes prepared to accurately reflect progress and maintain accurate earned value and resource data for internal and external purposes.
- Identify critical paths and ensure action plans are developed and implemented to maximise project quality, cost and delivery objectives.
- Construct and maintain detailed cost and resource directories for multi-stakeholder projects where required and provide detailed reports
- Contribute, support and communicate programme information, risk and commercial issues to operational teams in a variety of formats.
- Update and monitor project progress, compile reports against project and contract requirements.
- Contributes to efforts to process development, strategy and administration of the planning function improve service offering
- To be familiar with and able to deliver analysis of a plan, including understanding and analysis of the critical path, float and time risk allowances.
To be able to produce comprehensive programme narrative and data, when required, so that all key movement of a plan can be communicated and tracked
- Proven Planning experience is essential.
- Must have at least 5 years’ P6 planning experience and will require the ability to work on their own.
- A qualification in Civil Engineering/Construction to HND level or equivalent.
- Comfortable in client facing situations(e.g., Third parties) and ability to communicate effectively with all parties, project managers in particular.
- Previous experience and a sound knowledge of construction techniques, with a good commercial and contractual acumen.
- The ability to work to often challenging timescales with a flexible approach and to attend sites as required
- Experience in a project planning / scheduling role, including resource and cost-loading / forecasting.
- Experience and expert knowledge of Primavera P6 Planning Software.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to communicate well and build relationships
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Educated to at least A Level Standard.
- Educated to degree level.
- Knowledge and experience of the Rail Industry
- Knowledge and experience of working in a Consultancy business process environment with an emphasis on project delivery.
- Ability to persuade and influence others.
- Expert knowledge of MS Excel.
- Understanding and experience of Earned Value Management.