Scheme Project Manager
|Location||Leeds and Manchester|
|Salary||Up to £45,000|
The role requires delivery experience, integrating with the contractors and designers, as well as fronting external stakeholder management with the Sponsors & operators.
Support the Network Rail Project Management Team during the delivery of this complex programme in a safe & environmentally responsible manner. Delivering to time, cost and quality, in accordance with the Governance of Railway Investment Projects (GRIP) and PACE, including all applicable Network Rail company standards, current legislation and procedures including Her Majesty's Railway Inspectorate (HMRI) guidance where appropriate. The team will be embedded within the Alliance providing both a Network Rail (Owner Participant-OP) & Integration Function.
- Deliver individual projects or parts of projects in a safe and
environmentally responsible manner to time, cost and quality, in
accordance with the Governance of Railway Investment Projects,
current legislation and procedures including HMRI guidance where
- Provide a professional, consistent, and effective project management
service including the use of Key Performance Indicators and project
reporting systems in accordance with company/client standards and
- Act upon and discharge of, all Construction Design Management
obligations for projects as directed.
- Manage the establishment of the initial project baseline to provide
effective measurement and control. The baseline will encompass;
project documentation; key deliverables; delivery strategy; resource
requirements; outputs/measures; risks; dates and cost information.
- Manage the selection and/or development of appropriate supply
strategies and framework contracts for each project; and confirm
- Provide detailed input for compilation of the business plan and
production of the possessions plan.
Control project change, risks and contingency within the project life
cycle, reviewing and checking that appropriate approvals are sought
- Manage the development and delivery of change projects in
compliance with company/client processes and procedures.
- Provide a safe working environment in the execution of work directly
under the post holder’s responsibility, including development of
project safety pans and other associated documentation.
- Promote and monitor the use of efficiency improvement methods
- Network Rail experience mandatory
- Programme and project management qualifications and accreditations preferred
- Right to work in the UK
- At present, the team is attending the office for a minimum of 3 days per week for crucial interface meetings as part of the Alliance team. The expectation moving forward will be reverting to 5 days per week depending on the construction delivery phase of the programme with some weekend working to support critical possessions