|Location||Wales, Essex or South Yorkshire|
|Salary||£45,000 - £50,000|
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Buyer to join the central procurement team, as part of the team working on the day to day procurement and supply chain management for a portfolio of engineering projects throughout the UK including rail, environment, civil engineering and structures, mechanical & electrical infrastructure, power stations and much more.
A busy and fast paced procurement and supply chain environment supporting our framework and project teams throughout the UK. The procurement team is structured to support regional business units and is lead by our Procurement Director with a core teams of specialist Assistant Buyers, Buyers, Senior Buyers and Supply Chain Managers. The team are responsible for our overall procurement strategy and day to day procurement activities, supporting a variety of contracts in sectors including rail, civil engineering, environmental, M&E etc.
Responsible for providing direction and support to a professional team of Buyers and Assistant Buyers ensuring business needs are delivered whilst securing added value where possible, with responsibilities including but not limited to
As a Senior Buyer you will form a key part of the central procurement team but will be dedicated to supporting our Business Units in the South region (Wales, Western & Southern projects and frameworks). Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, you will understand the importance of, and support the ongoing development and maintenance of positive key relationships with key partners/suppliers.
A variety of soft skills and experience may be required for the following role Please ensure you check the overview below carefully.
- Leading a team of Buyers and Assistant Buyers, working alongside the Supply Chain Manager to assess skills, performance and productivity with the aim of identifying areas of improvement and development, providing support and training as needed.
- Reviewing requisitions, sourcing, negotiating and placing orders in support of business requirements in accordance with business and operating procedures.
- Obtain and evaluate information to assist in making supplier selections.
- Monitor and review supplier performance, collate and analyse data providing feedback.
- Manage relationships with the suppliers to facilitate resolution of problems related to the company.
- Deal with daily site and divisional requests for materials and plant and manage the process and procedures of order fulfilment including processing orders, arranging delivery etc.
- Assist in forecasting any category trends and developments which are likely to affect the company and communicate throughout the business.
- Strategic account management of specific Key categories and/or suppliers as directed by the Supply Chain Manager/Procurement Director.
- Deliver training for stakeholders and internal interfaces on procurement systems, processes and strategy.
- Share knowledge gained and best practice developed for each category through procurement meetings
- Prepare statistical reports to the Supply Chain Manager/ Procurement Director as required.
- When requested, provide advice and support operational teams in tender submissions or on projects, on matters of procurement approach, product specifications, supplier selection and product cost.
- Actively seek procurement opportunities and maintain awareness of market trends.
- Assess the impact of clients supply chain preferences and requirements on the company’s activities.
- Develop quality professional relationships with clients and suppliers based upon reliability.
To excel in this role, you will have previous experience as a Senior Buyer procuring a diverse range of plant and materials in a civil engineering / construction project environment.
- Good communication and computer skills are essential to the role
- Strong negotiation skills and proven purchasing experience, specifically in Rail/Civil Engineering environment would be beneficial.
- The ability to think and act proactively. Positive attitude, motivated and flexible.
- Good observation and communication skills.
- Ability to develop delegation skills
- Effective professional, motivation, co-ordinating and organisational skills.
- Must have CIPS (Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply) qualification, be already undertaking CIPS or have demonstrable compensatory experience.