Senior Electrical Design Engineer
|Salary||£40,000 - £50,000|
My client, a well-known, growing M&E Design Consultancy who have a very dynamic, entrepreneurial approach to the way they operate and develop their Engineers. They are currently looking to grow their Leeds based team of Senior Electrical Engineers. They operate a hybrid working system where you work in the office 3 days a week and 2 days a week at home, so you get the best of both worlds.
This year they launched their new training scheme which puts your career development in your own hands. If you are an Experienced Senior Electrical Engineer who is looking to advance to Associate Director, then this dynamic consultancy can put a plan in place to help you get there. In the meantime, you would be joining a high quality team with some exciting projects that will test your skills.
While a solid technical understanding of mechanical systems is required, they are looking for individuals with the ability to think laterally and apply learning and experience to new challenges. It's also vitally important every member of the team shares their values which embodies their entire approach to project delivery.
- The purpose of this role is to provide the design and technical expertise in supporting project delivery. Working closely with the project team, Project Leader and wider Design Team whilst contributing to consistency in delivery and technical knowledge.
- Representing the business both internally and externally by maintaining the highest standards of technical excellence, professionalism and enthusiasm.
- Ensuring consistent production of well-considered technical solutions.
- Working collaboratively through clear communication with all members of the internal and external Project Team to ensure the successful delivery for all.
- Inputting to and following the QA process to maintain the quality of all project deliverables in terms of both presentation and technical accuracy.
- Working alongside the Project Leader/Senior Engineers to establish timescales and resource requirements.
- Leading by example in terms of attitude and commitment.
- Providing support and leadership to Junior/Trainee Engineers.
- Leading the development of the design aspects within your control to achieve the desired outcomes in the most efficient manner.
- Consistent application of the latest learning and development initiatives and opportunities as identified through the development process.
- Carrying out design calculations and providing technical input to ensure solutions are correctly implemented.
- Creating drawings, reports and specifications that clearly demonstrate the requirements of the system/project to communicate information appropriately.
- Striving to develop knowledge and understand of all aspects of building services design to provide a greater depth of expertise.
- Utilising digital delivery resource in ensuring consistency in quality of delivered material whilst meeting project deadlines.
- Recording and imparting knowledge and lessons learnt to the wider team for the benefit of all.
- Utilise technical excellence and latest industry thinking within project delivery.
- Ensuring the project QA process is adhered to and utilised by default.