Senior Electrical Design Engineer
|Salary||£40,000 - £45,000 + company car or car allowance|
A exciting opporutnity has arisen for a Senior Electrical Design Engineer with a Building Services back to join one of the UK's leading Engineering companies.
This is a key appointment within the mechanical, electrical and refrigeration design team which requires a senior level engineer to help lead the electrical engineering activities, providing detailed design engineering as well as working closely with the sales/estimating team to provide concept designs, estimates and budgets to a variety of projects. This position will report directly to the Design Manager. This role is suited to an engineer with good experience of electrical and can accurately design both new electrical infrastructure and integrate new plant into existing systems. The role will support the mechanical and refrigeration design team. In addition to main design duties this role enjoys a close working relationship with live engineering projects and installations. The candidate will need to support the site operations team and be able to make informed decisions on all electrical matters. The role will suit somebody who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, working with multiple disciplines, new technologies and new concepts.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Review enquiries with the Projects Team and agree feasibility to full concept designs for all electrical systems.
- Survey sites to assess existing electrical systems, with a HVAC and refrigeration focus, and provide concepts and comment on client requirements.
- Support the refrigeration design team in compiling detailed and technical designs for major retailers
- Provide concept designs and costings and assist in tender preparation including specification writing.
- Development of initial feasibility designs to full detailed design on successful projects - taking the lead of the electrical design team as required.
- Calculate electrical loads, electrical consumption, cable sizes etc.
- Have a solid understanding of controls to be able to liaise with the controls engineers to agree a control philosophy and assist creation of descriptions of operation.
- Responsible for leading electrical designs to agreed project budgets and ensuring all team members take financial responsibility in design.
- Assist in the preparation of equipment schedules, equipment selections, and supplier's quotations as requested.
- Ensure comprehensive design and specification packages are handed over to the Projects Team.
- Attend project meetings internally and with clients as required.
- Assist in the resolution of problems and issues on site as they occur.
- Prepare documentation for the Operation and Maintenance manual, obtaining copies of warranties, certificates and "as fitted" drawings as necessary.
- Support the customer post installation and answer queries.
- Post Project Evaluation of Key Lessons Learnt.
- Attend scoping and design meetings, and other meetings as required, to provide project and enquiry updates.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience using industry standard software packages such as CAD, Amtec, Dialux etc
- A solid understanding in electrical engineering
- Minimum of Degree qualified within Building Services, Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- Charted Engineer or working towards with professional body registration.
- Strong technical experience essential.