Senior Quantity Surveyor
|Location||Coulsdon, South London|
|Salary||Up to £65,000 pa.|
Commercial Manager or Aspiring Commercial Manager with responsibility for the commercial delivery of several projects with high profile clients providing pre and post contract commercial; leadership and support at project level.
- Contract Understanding
- Take a lead role in administration of NEC based Sub-Contracts for allocated projects or work streams and ensure full flow through of administration and change from Client to Sub-Contractor.
- Support management of risk and opportunity within allocated projects or works streams.
- Understanding differing standard forms of contracts used for engineering, transportation and telecoms projects, and dealing with key provisions including the rights, obligations and liabilities of the parties.
- Relationship Management
- Being the projects teams’ commercial interface and therefore ensuring the company maintain a strong commercial supplier relationships.
- Commercial Management & Reporting
- Support the delivery team to ensure projects financial and commercial control with the production of profit and loss, cash flow, KPI’s and cost to complete statements.
- Lead ongoing liaison with Operations and Finance to monitor WIP and identify, report and redress cost variances.
- Liaising with the project teams and finance to compile and provide accurate and timely reports and management information to the project team and senior management on current contracts.
- Risk Management
- Ensuring compliance with all legislative and internal policies is achieved and contract processes are diligently followed.
- The production and timely updating of project risk registers which incorporate cost reduction initiatives and manages the outcomes such that all opportunities and risks are adequately covered.
- Regularly checking that robust procedures are in place to capture Variations, Claims and Compensation Events within allocated area of responsibility.
- Contract Administration
- Fully experienced in all aspects of contract administration ensuring that projects are delivered in accordance with the contract
- Contract administration including providing advice on contractual matters and formulating contractual/legal correspondence.
- Support the management of any contractual disputes and securing resolution of matters that fall within delegated authority.
- Maintain a ‘rolling final account’ for allocated projects or works streams to ensure full visibility of expected outturn commercial position.
Education level and/or relevant experience(s)
- Relevant University Degree with functionally focused, deep technological expertise
- 8 to 12 years of relevant experience in the field
- Strong command of the English language
- Full membership of a recognised Professional institution.
- The proven experience and ability to deliver the Commercial Manager role as detailed above, or be sufficiently experienced as an SQS/MQS aspiring to take on such a role
- Ability to successfully build and maintain client relationships
- Proficient in the use of MS Office software
- Can adopt a pragmatic, yet disciplined approach to process compliance.
- This role requires someone who can join the delivery team, be a leader and driver in all commercial matters. The individual will need to be hands on and undertake a combined QS and Commercial management function for a modest portfolio of projects. The individual will be required to help commercialize tenders, ascertain and provide guidance on contract risk to company rules, support the business and our delivery teams with accurate financial performance information and analysis and to ensure all work and change is notified value and paid for timeously. There will be a requirement to co-manage the procurement activities within the project team and working with the company procurement team. The individual will be required to support the Operations Manager, Project Managers and Field Engineers day to day and reporting to the Commercial Director functionally.
- P&L management and influence
- Prepare and then control Business Plan
- P&L Control
• Communication with finance for accruals of non-spent budget for Cash flow control.
• Control Cost within your control with proactive reduction programs
• Able to read, analyse and interpret financial statements
• Attend regular meetings with the senior management to report on activities, results and forecast commitment
• Run meeting within own Team
4. Human Resources
• Provide strong leadership to the Team and manage their performance including annual and monthly target setting,
• Ensure annual succession planning and training plans.
• Act as a coach and mentor to the Team members
• Approve wage, bonus and commission schedules in line with budget and operating constraints
• Promote equal opportunity and affirmative action employment practices
5. Performance Management
• Development and performance management of employees
• Drive participation of ENGAGE within given timescales
• Ensure that bonus (and commission – where applicable) targets are stretched goals and based around the profitability of the business
6. Team Building / Communication
• Provide best practice sharing with the community
• Develop effective relationships
7. Quality and Compliance
• Compliance with Panasonic’s Quality Processes.
• Compliance with Panasonic’s Policies and Procedures.
• Partaking of all corporate requirements e.g. ISM. CSR, Antibribary & Corruption, Competition Law (list not Exhaustive)
• Bench Marking activities
8. Administrative / Miscellaneous
• General administration
• Undertaking of any project within the skill set of the position
• Attendance of required training
• Undertaking of business trips
9. Health, Safety and statutory compliance
• Comply with all required policies and procedures (central & local ones).
• Comply with Health & Safety Policies.
• Always keep safety in mind and act in a safe manner.
• Ensure H&S breaches are reported
10. Environmental and statutory compliance
- Comply with all required policies and procedures (central & local ones).
- Comply with Environmental Policies.
- Always keep Environment in mind and act in an Environmentally Friendly manner.
- Ensure Environmental breaches are reported