|Salary||£40,000 - £50,000 + car allowance|
Our client, a leading facilities management firm, are looking for a SHEQ Manager to focus on a specific project across two regions (Cheshire & Manchester).
The main purpose is to ensure, in conjunction with the regional Head of SHEQ and local MD’s that adequate arrangements are made within each service provision for the effective implementation and operation of ISO standards and systems. The Manager will also ensure that all resources either internal or outsourced are used effectively to support the business. To understand, adhere and implement the company SHEQ policy / strategy, and ensure all those reporting to you do the same.
- Ensure equal SHEQ support is provided across all two service areas
- Efficient management of resources allocated to the division
- Ensuring that data with regards to SHEQ performance is effectively captured and analysed to enable improvement plans to be developed and implemented
- Work with operational teams across northern region to construct, implement and achieve standardisation
- Providing support and guidance to the region on technical, legal and other issues as required.
- Proactively working with operational teams during the project lifecycle to ensure that SHEQ is considered at all stages and that relevant control measures are identified
- Assisting the business with the implementation of the ISO standards and systems
- Monitor and manage SHEQ systems relating to the region
- Undertaking ‘active’ monitoring and auditing, providing feedback via the company’s reporting system
- Highlighting areas where poor practice and/or significant risk have occurred.
- Manage incidents and the coordination of detailed factual reports identifying root causes and recommendations for improvement
- Producing management reports detailing levels of SHEQ performance and other such information as required
- Ensuring that any incident that falls within the scope of RIDDOR is reported to the HSE
- Ensuring that any incident that is deemed to have posed a significant risk to the division or is reportable under RIDDOR is fully investigated and reported to Regional Managing Director
- Assisting the individual Service Directors with the implementation of the ISO standards and systems
- Dealing with the HSE, the Environment Agency, insurers and other bodies in the event of a major incident or as required.
- Managing responses to insurance claims relating incidents with the region they cover.
- Working with the Individual Service Directors on the development and implementation of local strategies for improvement
- Work alongside broader Northern SHEQ team to produce trend analysis with regards to good and bad practice, near misses, dangerous occurrences and incidents.
- Any other reasonable management request
Suitable applicants must have recent experience of SHEQ functions within a business of a similar complexity and size and a demonstrated ability to develop and implement safety management systems. Have a recognised Health & Safety qualification, minimum NEBOSH certificate; those working towards NEBOSH Diploma in H&S and/or Environmental Management or equivalent would be highly desired. You will be working from home with regular office and site visits so travel will be a regular requirement of the role.
Desired qualifications and training include:
- Recognised Temporary Works Certificate accredited to CITB
- Recognised Appointed persons’ certificate accredited to CITB
- Recognised M&E certificate
- Dual H&S and environmental qualifications
- Fire qualification (e.g. NEBOSH Fire Certificate)
- Relevant construction / facilities management sector experience
- Specialist knowledge in a relevant subject area, e.g., asbestos, scaffolding, fire or gas safety
- Management of SHEQ from a strategic perspective
- Development of strategies for improvement
- Ability to interpret legislation and ACoPs
- Car allowance
- Company bonus
- 24 days holiday plus public holidays
- Life cover (x2 annual salary)
- Gym membership discounts & discount shopping schemes
- Broad range of learning opportunities, such as professional qualifications
This role is being advertised on behalf of Coleman James Ltd who are acting as an employment agency.