Rail & Civil Engineering
£50,000 - £60,000 + car allowance + package
Location – Tamworth
An outstanding opportunity for an experienced rail and civil engineering Site Agent looking to hone their skills and experience in a rail and civil engineering project/maintenance environment. As Site Agent you will responsible for overseeing Building and Civils Asset Maintenance Projects and remits throughout the LNW route.
A busy and fast paced business unit involved in a range of Infrastructure Projects and Framework contracts in rail and non-rail, civil engineering environments. Works within the region include bridges, embankments, stations, platforms, tunnels, structural steel installations, moving structures etc. The business unit are involved in multi-disciplinary civils projects across the North West region, whether infrastructure projects or maintenance works around the region working with a variety of clients and tier 1 contractors.
As a Site Agent you will be directly responsible for the daily management of various building / civils asset management projects within the Asset Management framework. It requires the delivery of remits ranging from circa £5k up to £2m. You will be responsible for leading successful site/project delivery, by ensuring that the site team are fully appraised of the contract parameters and have the capability and resources necessary to achieve contract objectives.
Day to day responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Delivery of the contract within programme and budget.
- Liaison with site staff and managing surveyor to ensure tender allowances are not exceeded.
- The continuous monitoring of contract progress to ensure contract objectives are being met.
- Ensuring that in conjunction with the site team changes to the contract are identified, agreed and effectively managed.
- The provision of formal reports on contract progress to the Contracts Manager.
Ensuring that the contract is executed in accordance with the requirements of:
- All applicable legislation
- The Terms and Conditions of the Contract
- The Contract Health and Safety Plan
- The Work Package Plans and Task Briefing Sheets
- The Contract Quality / Environmental Plan
To excel in this role, you will have previous experience as a Site/Sub Agent or Senior Engineer in a rail and civil engineering environment.
- Degree / HNC or HND in civil engineering (or equivalent compensating experience in a technical engineering role)
- Experience as a Site Agent or minimum Sub Agent level in a rail/civil engineering contracting environment
- Experience in a similar role working on multi-disciplinary rail/civils infrastructure maintenance frameworks.