Site Agent - Rail
|Salary||£55,000 - £60,000|
SITE AGENT – RAIL
£55,000 to £60,000 per year + package
An exciting opportunity for an established Site Agent, dedicated to managing a large number of day to day project remits in a rail minor works asset management / maintenance framework.
A busy and fast paced business unit involved in a range of civil engineering works predominantly associated with rail (bridges, embankments, stations, platforms, tunnels etc.). The business unit are involved in multi-disciplinary civils projects across the Yorkshire, whether infrastructure projects or asset management / maintenance works around the region.
As Site Agent you will be directly responsible for the daily management of various rail and civil engineering projects within our portfolio work in the region. Day to day responsibilities would include:
- Ensuring that the contract is executed in accordance with the requirements of:
- All applicable legislation
- The Terms and Conditions of the Contract
- The Contract Health and Safety Plan
- The Work Package Plans and Task Briefing Sheets
- The Contract Quality / Environmental Plan
- Delivery of the contract within programme and budget.
- Liaison with site staff and managing surveyor to ensure tender allowances are not exceeded.
- The continuous monitoring of contract progress to ensure contract objectives are being met.
- Ensuring that in conjunction with the site team changes to the contract are identified, agreed and effectively managed.
- The provision of formal reports on contract progress to the Contracts Manager.
To excel in this role, you will have previous experience as a Site Agent in a rail and civil engineering environment.
- Degree / HNC or HND in civil engineering (or equivalent compensating experience in a technical engineering role)
- PTS / SMSTS
- Experience as a Site Agent in a rail contracting environment.
- Experience in rail working on civils associated projects