|Salary||£250 Per Day|
Site Manager – Rail
Suffolk and Norfolk Areas
£250 per day LTD
12 month contract
Coleman James are recruiting a Site Manager to join the Asset Management team at a busy train operating company on a 12 month contract.
The ideal candidate will have experience in site management in a rail environment with strong management skills but also happy to get ‘hands on’ where required.
- To undertake a full range of Site Management duties and responsibilities in order to maintain and improve the company’s property assets, working within the framework of best value and the Projects team financial constraints.
- To assist in ensuring that the asset management responsibilities for maintenance to stations, Depots and duties as landlords for commercial and residential tenants are upheld in line with legislation and quality standards.
- To support the Senior Project Managers in undertaking site-based contractor management.
- To support the ISO 55001 Asset Management System and annual accreditations.
- Assist with ensuring that reliable, cost effective and sustainable construction and site safety services are provided in accordance with industry best practice.
- Proactively manage pre-works, post-works inspections, works variation requests, ensuring safety risk rating and input data related to works instructions into the company’s asset management reporting system.
- Oversee the refurbishment/redevelopment of the Station renewals programme.
- Assist the Senior Project Manager with keeping expenditure in line with budget provision and consistent with the agreed strategy for the contract. Contribute to the validation of works payment applications.
- Manage contractor’s day-to-day issues on site.
- Proactively develop and maintain relationships across the wider business, with particular focus on the sharing of knowledge and best practice within the asset management team.
- Ensure that all contractors adhere to our safety standards and do not import risk onto the railway.
- Maintain frequent site presence at all worksites. Monitor contractors to ensure they comply with standards. Produce site reports and carry out weekly site safety inspections.
- Monitor progress of works on site.
- Provide support to the HSQ Manager either through the direct reporting of recognised safety non-conformances or practical support dependant on the person’s level of safety training & experience
Required Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge and understanding of site contractor management
- Detailed knowledge of safety regulations (particularly CDM)
- Extensive knowledge of station maintenance and safe working methods
- Understanding of rail industry issues in relation to construction, safety management systems
- Basic knowledge of buildings management
- Proven Site Management skills managing multi-disciplinary contractors.
- Relevant construction / inspection experience in the railway industry.
- Environmental awareness