Structural Engineering Graduate
|Salary||£25k. - £31k. pa.|
This opportunity requires a motivated and enthusiastic Mechanical Engineering Graduate, to work closely with the Structural Corrosion team to ensure the overhaul of rail vehicles are carried out to the agreed UK Rail standards and best practices.
This role will allow you to apply your skills and academic knowledge in a progressive and challenging rail environment.
While no previous rail experience is required, you must have a willingness to learn and be literate in common engineering computer programs, such as CAD (SolidEdge advantageous), FEA and MATLAB etc. You will learn the responsibilities of a professional engineer under the supervision of more senior company's employees.
- Learn the responsibilities of a Structural Engineer;
- Incorporate academic knowledge into real world engineering projects;
- Work alongside company's Engineers, Designers and Workshop staff;
- Undertake structural assessment of rail vehicles;
- Support innovation techniques such as 3D scanning, measurements and relate data processing;
- Survey and measure vehicles using a range of tooling and techniques;
- Ensure repairs are being undertaken in accordance with technical documentation and drawings;
- Produce technical reports;
- Support the Structural team in composing and control of rail vehicle repair procedures; and
- Support Lead Engineers and Project Managers on project related work as directed by the Structural Engineering Manager;
- Degree in a Mechanical discipline; and
- Equivalent to GCSE C or above in Maths and English.
- Team Player;
- Problem Solver;
- IT literate including MS Office and CAD products;
- Strong organisational and communication skills;
- Ability to read technical drawings; and
- Experience of the design and manufacture of steel or aluminium fabrications desirable.
- Must be able to travel to Wolverton Works in Milton Keynes;
- Willingness to learn new skills;
- Flexible schedule;
- Previous experience in Railway Rolling stock an advantage but not essential;
- Awareness of the importance of Safety;
- Awareness of the importance of Quality; and
- Flexible and open minded.