Telecoms Design Engineer
|Salary||To be confirmed|
An exciting opportunity for a Telecoms Design Engineer to join an established and busy in-house design team specialising in multi-disciplinary engineering projects in the rail sector around the UK.
Having secured a number of long term Frameworks with key clients, they are further expanding our in-house Design team. They have a number of positions available at various levels for engineers who are committed to delivering the optimum design solution, building on their experience, and furthering their professional development.
The in-house design team consists of specialist designers at various levels of competency responsible for design engineering on a variety of telecoms, civils, rail and engineering projects and frameworks including CP6, asset management contracts, infrastructure projects and tendered rail / civils schemes, telecoms projects and frameworks etc.
This Individual Will:
The Telecoms Design Engineer has responsibility for the development of technical solutions within the team’s budgetary, programme and quality requirements.
• Show initiative to put forward proposed solutions based on sound engineering principles, and highlight any observed non-compliances with CDM Regulations.
• Challenge the brief, enabling innovative development of unambiguous engineering solutions from feasibility through to detailed design.
• Input into the development of design philosophies of engineering solutions.
• Develop an understanding of construction methodology.
• Attend site inspections / surveys as required in order to inform the design.
• Telecoms engineering design solutions, and check where appropriate.
• Produce and maintain the Designer’s Risk Assessment and Decision Log.
• Produce clear, consistent, referenced calculations, reports and sketches to current CoP, standards and best practice.
• Clearly communicate design philosophy and requirements with other team members.
• Work to the principles of BIM where this has been determined as the method of project delivery, expanded further below.
• Attend Design Team at meetings with the company's Project Delivery Team and/or external Clients and Stakeholders.
• Assist change and input into more efficient processes and design tools to assist the efficient delivery of engineering services.
• Appreciate the team’s financial, quality and programme targets, expanded further below.
• Promote safe working practices in all areas.
• Promote a culture of excellence in Company's Design & Engineering towards its customers in order to exceed their expectations, and fulfil the vision of becoming the consultant of first choice.
• Experience and knowledge of implementation project engineering processes covering development, design, construction, test, commissioning and handback
To excel in this role, you will have previous experience as a Telecoms Design Engineer in a rail project environment.
• Experience in the design of Telecoms infrastructure
• A good understanding of engineering principles.
• Knowledge and understanding of the design process, and engineering drawing practices.
• Minimum BEng / BSc Degree level of education, or equivalent.
• Working towards Membership of a relevant Professional Body.
• CSCS Professionally Qualified Person, or similar.
• Sentinel Personal Track Safety (PTS) competence.
• Competitive annual salary negotiable dependant on experience
• 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (increasing with service)
• Up to 3 volunteer days
• Company contributory Pension scheme
• Life Insurance
• Westfield Health Cash Plan & Westfield Rewards
• Generous Employee referral scheme
• Support and employee infrastructure embedded in the business as a platform for personal and professional development creating pathways for unrivalled career development and progression opportunities internally.
• Consistent learning opportunities
• A safe place to work
• Employee forum’s that provide a platform for having your voice heard