Telecoms Design Engineer
|Location||York, Birmingham, Warrington|
Our Client has a rapidly growing Rail team and they now have an excellent opportunity for Telecoms Engineers with UK rail experience to be engaged upon a portfolio of Rail Infrastructure projects.
- Implement Network Rail or London Underground applicable standards to telecoms systems and procedures, to maintain a cost effective, high quality, safe and environmentally responsible approach to Telecoms design, construction, commissioning and other technical activities on relevant projects, compliant with all relevant legislation.
- Undertake site surveys, condition assessment of existing assess.
- Undertake design packages in collaboration with other engineers, CAD technician.
- Undertake design check ensuring compliant to standards and code of practices.
- Supporting Contractor Responsible Engineers delivering to quality, time and budget
- Identify and share best practice across the various project teams.
Qualifications & Experience:
- BEng or BSc Degree or higher in a Telecommunication / Systems Engineering related subject
- HND in Electrical and Electronic Engineering / Telecommunications
- Fully conversant with GRIP process, Railway Group Standards, Network Rail and or London Underground Company Standards and CDM Regulations
- A good understanding of Network Rail and or London Underground Telecoms assets and project lifecycle on multidiscipline railway projects
- Technically competent to undertake engineering design, managing inter disciplinary interfaces and ability to adapt to quick changes in design.
- A good knowledge of following systems subsystem with proven track records of system design through technically complex, varied and successful project.
- Trackside equipment
- Copper and fibre cabling
- Immunisation against EMI
- Lineside Telephones and Concentrator System
- Fixed Telecommunications Network (FTN and FTNx)
- Multiprotocol Label Switching Networks (MPLS)
- Radio systems in UK Rail operations (GSM-R primarily)
- Station and Building network infrastructure –
- Structured Cabling infrastructure – Copper and fibre optic
- Internet Protocol Closed Circuit Television (IP-CCTV) Systems
- EN54 Public Address and Voice Alarm Systems
- Integrated Station / Building Management Systems (ISMS, IBMS)
- Customer Information Systems (CIS)
- IP based Access Control Systems
- Multi-mode Intruder Detection Systems
- Wireless Network Architecture
- UPS System
- Experience in the use of Computer Aided Design Packages (Micro Station).
- Strong collaborative behaviours to interface with internal and external stakeholders / clients
- Willing to travel and work at various locations within the UK, which may include unsocial hours on an occasional basis.