Multi Skilled Engineer
|Location||Fitzrovia area of London|
|Salary||£23.14 per hour via Payroll (umbrella/CIS)|
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To ensure all Environmental/Temperature Control rooms, BRF and Main Chillers are maintained and kept fully available and operational at all times. To carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), reactive and breakdown works on electrical systems and on site refrigeration plants as well as being available to carry out other tasks in line with the contract’s needs. The candidate must be able to demonstrate experience in F-Gas including plant recovery and Electrical maintenance in the building services environment.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To deliver the following:
- All Environmental/Temperature Control rooms are available for use for clients business, keeping down times to an absolute minimum.
- Fault find on all refrigeration/chiller plants on site, with experience on screw and scroll compressors.
- Fault finds on electrical systems.
- Ensure adequate supplies of critical spares/consumable stock are maintained to facilitate a first time fix on all Refrigeration equipment.
- Ensure that routine PPMs are carried out on all assets in accordance with site task schedules and asset lists.
- Ensure that reactive tasks throughout the building are completed and be proactive in highlighting areas where improvements can be made. These reactive calls will also include other trades and areas of engineering.
- Ensure that plant faults and defects are swiftly remedied to maintain plant in serviceable order at all times.
- Ensure that all relevant paperwork is completed regarding PPM, reactive and breakdown works and that it is updated on plan on.
- Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared, and used for all tasks undertaken to ensure safe working practices at all times.
- To develop a good working relationship with all members of staff, subcontractors and the client representatives.
- Ensure the provision of a Safe and Healthy working environment. To include the wearing of uniform and PPE at all times.
- To ensure that accurate digital records are maintained to allow trend analysis.
- Ensure up to date records are kept at all times
- Ensure that all plant rooms under the responsibility of CBRE are locked at all times and are kept in a clean and tidy condition.
- Supervising and monitoring of sub-contractors works whilst they are on site undertaking maintenance.
- To arrange and provide holiday and sickness cover at short notice and be flexible in their working patterns.
- To undertake lone working when and where required, subject to passing satisfactory training.
• Ensure assigned tasks are actioned and completed as appropriate.
• To ensure tasks as directed are completed with the appropriate H&S awareness/implementation.
• Ensure an awareness and compliance to the contractual KPI's/SLA's.
• Ensure Computer Based Maintenance system plan on is kept up to date and that PPM and reactive tickets are closed out with accurate data captured.
• To operate a Permit to Work System in accordance with client/CBRE Quality, Health & Safety procedures and client requirements (or approved client system).
• Any other task as directed by the account management team.
• Accountable to the Day Team Manager and directly reporting to the Day Team Leader.
• The post holder does not have any directly reporting staff.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
Good all round knowledge of general building works, diagnostic and repair procedures, working knowledge of building services systems and maintenance schedules.
Education A good education is essential, with good written and spoken
English, Maths and IT skills.
Training City & Guilds qualification Category 1 F-Gas.
A qualification in Refrigeration and air conditioning.
City and Guilds 236 A&B (2360 parts 1 and 2) and IEE 17th edition.
Formally trained/apprenticeship as an electrician, with a good understanding of electrical disciplines.
Experienced in maintenance/BMS Knowledge.
A recognised Health and Safety Qualification, such as NEBOSH preferred.
Experience [Essential] Experience of working with Large Screw and Centrifugal compressors.
Experience of maintaining relevant refrigeration and electrical equipemtn to clearly defined criteria